Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Indiana Recruit claims he was forced out

Link

Gelon, who appeared in 12 games for the Hoosiers as a freshman last winter, transferred to State Fair Community College in Missouri this summer. But Gelon told IndyStar he feels he was forced out of the IU program, and is disappointed with the way coach Archie Miller handled his situation.
    “At the beginning, they brought me in, sat me down. It wasn’t even really at the end of the (spring semester),” Gelon said. “I had five or six workouts with (IU’s new coaching staff). I’m thinking everything’s all right. We’re talking about summer plans.”
    Instead, Gelon said the staff told him he would not find playing time in Bloomington, and that he should consider transfer options.
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

I don't see what's wrong with that.

IU also offered to honor his scholarship and let him remain as a full-time student.

Look where he wound up.

Gelon would probably captain the Crean All-Reach Team and that's saying something when you look at some of the "projects" he took on over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by AviatorX View Post
    IU also offered to honor his scholarship and let him remain as a full-time student.

They actually have no choice. It's Indiana law.
    We've come a long way since my bench seat at the Fieldhouse!

Yeah, even the way Gelon put it I don't see much of an issue here. This stuff happens all the time. Did he expect to just 'get' PT next year?

My understanding is that he could have stayed and been a part of the team, but the coach said you probably won't play at all.
    We've come a long way since my bench seat at the Fieldhouse!

Quote Originally Posted by muskiefan82 View Post
    My understanding is that he could have stayed and been a part of the team, but the coach said you probably won't play at all.
    That sounds a lot like what my high school coach said to me (minus the "you can be a part of the team" part).

Quote Originally Posted by muskiefan82 View Post
    No. they wanted his scholarship spot. He would not have been on the team.
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

This happens so much I'm surprised it doesn't get out in the open more. I mean, we all know it happens but guys just rarely talk about it.

Sophomore
    People get cut all the time.