MSOC: Xavier finishes Exhibition Season with 1-1 Draw

Link

Xavier men's soccer wrapped up its preseason schedule on Thursday night, tying Duke 1-1 after a 20-minute overtime at the Shindigz National Soccer Festival.

Both goals were scored via penalty kicks, as XU opened a 1-0 lead in the first 10 minutes of the match on a tally by Matt Vasquenza. Duke countered after halftime with a PK score of its own.

XU opens the regular season on Friday, August 25 against Loyola-Chicago at the Xavier Soccer Complex. First touch is scheduled for 7:30 p.m.
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

Xavier playing Duke in Fort Wayne is a stranger alignment than the eclipse.
    "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by American X View Post
    Xavier playing Duke in Fort Wayne is a stranger alignment than the eclipse.
    It's a pretty cool event. It's a local high school showcase that brings in regional and national college teams as night. Duke played IU on Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by ammtd34 View Post
    It's a pretty cool event. It's a local high school showcase that brings in regional and national college teams as night. Duke played IU on Saturday.
    I was going to head up that way last night, but had to work. Seems like it is a good event. X has played in it the last couple of years, I believe.
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook