Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Bailey gained his early fame because there were a few pages written about him in "Season on the Brink" when he was in 8th grade. Knight went to watch him play an raved about what a good player he was. Feinstein wrote about it in the book.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by Caf View Post
    I was wondering the same thing. I haven't seen anything from DePaul on this. Sounds like an intention to play for from the kid.
    Depaul can't comment on him until he signs.

And Bailey was at one time the greatest player in the storied history of Indiana high school basketball.

Looked it up: 3,134 points at Bedford North Lawrence. Still #1 all-time in Indiana.

DePaul just hired a new assistant who is a basketball trainer and connected to the Meanstreets AAU program. I thinks that's the connection with this kid.

I would say there is a 0% chance of this kid winding up at DePaul. No way this coaching staff is still there when he graduates HS.

Sophomore
    And Bailey caused a change in the rules when he failed to pick up the ball to throw it in as time ran out in an NCAA tournament game. The rule now stops the clock on a change of possession. The opponent - Xavier!

Quote Originally Posted by Muskie View Post
    Link

DePaul has its first commit in the Class of 2022.
    Yes, the Blue Demons received a verbal commitment from an eighth grader on Friday night.
    Amari Bailey, who currently attends Mark T. Skinner West Elementary School in Chicago, announced via Twitter that he will remain in the city for his college career, according to Mike O’Brien of the Chicago Sun-Times.
    “I am staying home,” he said in a tweet. “I verbally commit to DePaul. I’ve always wanted to play for my city and I’m not too young to know that I wanna put on for my city.”
    Guaranteed that this kid will arrive at DePaul full of piss and vinegar and leave a bitter and broken loser damned to a life of underachieving and anonymity.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

This is dumb, but we're living in a world where dumb works. Depaul has been in the news 3 times this summer, which is roughly 3 times more that the past 20 years combined. Any publicity is good publicity. If Depaul needs to hire friends of recruits and get commitments from 8th graders to be a Top 150 team then I say go for it.
    Last edited by MuskieXU; 08-17-2017 at 08:36 AM.

Tyger Campbell 4* decommits.
    2023 Sweet 16

Quote Originally Posted by bobbiemcgee View Post
    Tyger Campbell 4* decommits.
    Not terribly surprised there, just don't see in a realistic world where DePaul gets much better.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by GIMMFD View Post
    Not terribly surprised there, just don't see in a realistic world where DePaul gets much better.
    especially not while Leitao is HC