Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

DePaul Lands Commit from 8th Grader

Link

DePaul has its first commit in the Class of 2022.
    Yes, the Blue Demons received a verbal commitment from an eighth grader on Friday night.
    Amari Bailey, who currently attends Mark T. Skinner West Elementary School in Chicago, announced via Twitter that he will remain in the city for his college career, according to Mike O’Brien of the Chicago Sun-Times.
    “I am staying home,” he said in a tweet. “I verbally commit to DePaul. I’ve always wanted to play for my city and I’m not too young to know that I wanna put on for my city.”
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

All-Conference
    Percent chance this kid ever laces up for DePaul? 10%?

This is almost offensive. Did DePaul ask this 13 year old kid for a commitment? Or is he someone they watched at AAU and talked to and he said, "I want to play at DePaul." Or is this a joke?

Quote Originally Posted by drudy23 View Post
    Percent chance this kid ever laces up for DePaul? 10%?
    I think that might even be high. So stupid when stuff like this happens in my opinion. How can they even judge his development and potential when he hasn't even hit his growth spurt yet. GOod lord.

A kid from my son's AAU team committed to Florida after 8th grade. His dad compared him to Lebron James at the time. Silly parents.... He ended up at Wake Forest so not too bad, but there's no telling how they will turn out at that stage.

Quote Originally Posted by Muskie View Post
    Nice link. The next story that came up for me is authored by a Terrence Payne (no relation to our Terrance) about how Carleton Univ. (Can) featuring former Xavier recruit Eddie Ekiyor has now defeated Vandy and Bama from the SEC.
    Last edited by WCWIII; 08-15-2017 at 06:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WCWIII View Post
    Nice link. The next story that came up from me is authored by a Terrence Payne (no relation to our Terrance) about how Carleton Univ. (Can) featuring former Xavier recruit Eddie Ekiyor has now defeated Vandy and Bama from the SEC.
    Pretty sure that's the team Gregg Marshall lost his mind against last August.

Didn't Damon Bailey commit to Indiana has an 8th grader back in the day?

Quote Originally Posted by XU 87 View Post
    This is almost offensive. Did DePaul ask this 13 year old kid for a commitment? Or is he someone they watched at AAU and talked to and he said, "I want to play at DePaul." Or is this a joke?
    I was wondering the same thing. I haven't seen anything from DePaul on this. Sounds like an intention to play for from the kid.

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    He did, but Bailey was actually a halfway decent player at IU.