Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Robinson In Danger of Missing Season

Link

Five-star center Mitchell Robinson, a McDonald's All-American who is ranked eighth on 247Sports.com's list of top recruits, surprised many when he committed to Western Kentucky. After leaving the Hilltoppers, he may not see the floor at all in the 2017-18 season.
    Robinson has made an unofficial visit to LSU (per Zagsblog.com) and multiple reports Monday (including by the Kansas City Star) said he will soon visit Kansas. Even if he signs quickly with another program, he will still need a waiver from the NCAA to be eligible to play next season because he attended summer classes and practices at WKU. A source told the Star that Robinson receiving the waiver would be "a longshot."
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

Sounds like hes going to Kansas as a practice player for a year. I understand the allure of having him but I'm surprised Self continues to take guys like this who have the potential to be such a big headache when hes had so many issues recently. I wouldve said the same thing about the Lawsons and thats already causing drama before the season even starts.

Quote Originally Posted by MuskieXU View Post
    Sounds like hes going to Kansas as a practice player for a year. I understand the allure of having him but I'm surprised Self continues to take guys like this who have the potential to be such a big headache when hes had so many issues recently. I wouldve said the same thing about the Lawsons and thats already causing drama before the season even starts.

I am not surprised at all. He signed the Morris twins who had their own issues, McLemore gave game tickets to an agent several times who paid for parties, you had the criminal activity in the team's dorm last season, Bragg getting busted, Jackson kicking in that girls car door, etc. Self has been all in for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by ArizonaXUGrad View Post
    I am not surprised at all. He signed the Morris twins who had their own issues, McLemore gave game tickets to an agent several times who paid for parties, you had the criminal activity in the team's dorm last season, Bragg getting busted, Jackson kicking in that girls car door, etc. Self has been all in for a while.
    I'm not surprised that he's willing to do it, I'm surprised that he continues to when it hasn't paid off for him. My opinion would be kids like that do more damage to a team than they're worth (even more so when the kid will probably never play a game for you like Robinson.) Then again I'm willing to admit that the head coach of Kansas' basketball team would have a better sense of the risk and reward than me. I guess being able to say "I got this kid to the NBA and he never set foot on the court" would be an appealing pitch, and if he does get out of line theres nothing lost by just cutting him.

Your Robinson update. (Link)
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

He has the wrong people in his ear. End of the day, he should have stayed at WKU and tore up that league.

On KU, they got the Lawson brothers to transfer from Memphis. One of which broke Mitch Lightfoot's nose and got promptly suspended for their Euro trip, he then follows that up with walking out on a bar tab in Memphis. Hopefully there is no booze on it since he is 20. Self wants to win, he will take chances on guys to accomplish that.

Now he's not expected to play anywhere (Link).

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

Junior
    Wow, there's 60 seconds of my life wasted. Why should any of us give a a shit about this?

Quote Originally Posted by JTG View Post
    Wow, there's 60 seconds of my life wasted. Why should any of us give a a shit about this?
    You're in the Around The NCAA section. If stuff unrelated to Xavier or the Big East doesn't interest you, it's okay to just move along.

This is not altogether a bad move by him. All reports call him super athletic but very raw. This way he can train without the stress of being exposed and still remain a top 20 pick.