Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by surfxu View Post
    I can't imagine Xavier ever scheduling dayton again as long as Chris Mack is around. The way those knuckledragging, mouth breathing, jelly bellied, booger eating morons treated the Mack family at Christy's induction to the dayton hall of fame cemented that decision. As for the OSU thing, I'm sure we'll probably get them as part of this Big East/B10 challenge at some point. Kind of cool if we played up there, we could fill the area w/ 75% X fans and make it feel like an away game for the buckeyes. I would like to get revenge for that tournament game. Other than that, I agree, much rather play Michigan State, Purdue, Wisconsin or IU... and Michigan too I guess.
    I dont think CM has any interest in going to Dayton, but I wonder if he'd view a neutral game any differently. I dont see him as one to back down from a challenge if all other schools were in.

If the Buckeyes get serious about instate games again, and if something similar to what they do in Indiana can be put together, then I would be in favor of something like THE SLATE ON THE LAKE where Ohio State, Xavier, UC and the projected best MAC school make the cut:

1. Screw UD; it would be funny to witness them losing it over being left out of something most of them probably would feel entitlement over;
    2. Cavalier's NBA Arena; and
    3. A destination event.

If Ohio State pursues instate games, but demands that all games must be played in Columbus, the whole thing may end up being about wasted energy.
    X A V I E R

Quote Originally Posted by xudash View Post
    If the Buckeyes get serious about instate games again, and if something similar to what they do in Indiana can be put together, then I would be in favor of something like THE SLATE ON THE LAKE where Ohio State, Xavier, UC and the projected best MAC school make the cut:

1. Screw UD; it would be funny to witness them losing it over being left out of something most of them probably would feel entitlement over;
    2. Cavalier's NBA Arena; and
    3. A destination event.

If Ohio State pursues instate games, but demands that all games must be played in Columbus, the whole thing may end up being about wasted energy.
    I highly doubt the schools would take an Ohio, Akron, or Miami (OH) over UD... but I agree it would be hilarious.

Junior
    Do to a suitable location, the series probably never happens. The Indiana classic happens in the middle of the state, and due to scheduling Butler has to play either IU or Purdue every year. They never get to play ND. Same would happen with this proposal, as X would always play VD or OSU, and VD would only play X or UC.
    On a side note why do people wish to play Wisc? I'd rather play any other BIG school except PSU or Rutgers.

Quote Originally Posted by GIMMFD View Post
    I highly doubt the schools would take an Ohio, Akron, or Miami (OH) over UD... but I agree it would be hilarious.
    I think they might consider it though. If Cleveland would be the venue for such an event, I'm not sure they'd want to have 3 southwestern Ohio schools in it every year. Might be better for attendance to rotate northern Ohio schools like Cleveland State, Akron, Toledo, etc.

(And yeah, agreed with JTG above. If it's going to be a true neutral site event, figuring out a venue/city that would work for all 4 would be a big obstacle.)
    Last edited by THRILLHOUSE; 08-07-2017 at 07:21 PM.

No MAC school is going to draw enough eyeballs/butts in the seats to make it worthwhile. Xavier's hatred of Dayton aside, an Ohio version of the Indiana Classic makes no sense unless it's OSU, Xavier, UC, and UD.

It's a shame US Bank is such a dump. Rotating it between US Bank and Nationwide would make it pretty worthwhile for all parties IMO. You could argue Dayton would get the short end of the stick, but they are nearly equidistant to Cincinnati and Columbus and would be the lowest-profile school in the tournament, so screw 'em.

Sophomore
    I'd be in favor of this, one reason being it would give Xavier at least one and maybe two quality games for their tournament resume each year. I also enjoy it when local teams play each other. It can foster rivalries and gives the games some buzz.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    I'm personally indifferent to Xavier playing Ohio State. It would be kind of fun (once they don't suck anymore), but I don't have any huge desire to play them specifically. Other than the Thad fiasco and the NCAA Tournament debacle, I don't really think much about Ohio State basketball as it relates to Xavier. Pretty much two unrelated topics.
    Pretty much exactly how I feel.
    Eat Donuts!

I would welcome the opportunity for X knock that team senseless this year. As the schedule is full, to borrow a statement, f' em. They now need to schedule X WAY MORE than X needs to schedule them. In truth, they need UC on their schedule more than UC does. Dayton seems reasonable for both. Maybe UD can win in Columbus in an epic "no one in SW Ohio gives a crap" game
    We've come a long way since my bench seat at the Fieldhouse!

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dnnrobert View Post
    No MAC school is going to draw enough eyeballs/butts in the seats to make it worthwhile. Xavier's hatred of Dayton aside, an Ohio version of the Indiana Classic makes no sense unless it's OSU, Xavier, UC, and UD.

It's a shame US Bank is such a dump. Rotating it between US Bank and Nationwide would make it pretty worthwhile for all parties IMO. You could argue Dayton would get the short end of the stick, but they are nearly equidistant to Cincinnati and Columbus and would be the lowest-profile school in the tournament, so screw 'em.
    Yeah a MAC school wouldnt bring half the fans UD would no matter where the location.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17