Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Play games at Riverfront/US Bank Arena? Cleveland/Cavs arena?

Quote Originally Posted by JTG View Post
    Well Brew, you totally went off the rails with that idea. That has as much chance of happening as Xavier joining the Big Ten in all sports including football.
    You're probably right. But this also wasn't something I came up with. I like it, but I know the chances of it happening are very very small.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Xavier will never pass up exempt events like Maui, Atlantis, Charleston or Orlando for an event involving in-state schools, even if they're Ohio State or Dayton. I'm more puzzled as to why Ohio State doesn't opt into exempt events more often. I know it's difficult for events to juggle 14 B1G teams, but there are a lot of events out there now.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by X-band '01 View Post
    Xavier will never pass up exempt events like Maui, Atlantis, Charleston or Orlando for an event involving in-state schools, even if they're Ohio State or Dayton. I'm more puzzled as to why Ohio State doesn't opt into exempt events more often. I know it's difficult for events to juggle 14 B1G teams, but there are a lot of events out there now.
    Ohio State is in an exempt event this year and the proposed in-state event would not replace the other exempt events we have been in.

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    UC and Ohio State have a home-and-home locked into place. UC will host Ohio State next season to reopen Fifth Third Arena and Ohio State will play host in 2019-20. Both games will be on Opening Night (aka first allowable date of competition per UC's press release).

All-Conference
    Might as well make the drive down the road to our place too.

As much as I despise UC, these games should be played.

They should be played Drudy.

Fans would love to have an Ohio State ticket stub on that season package. That is a game people want to see.

Dayton is a game people want to see too, but don't say that out loud on this board. That is a huge rivalry game and also a game that should be played.

I think once a decade we should have an exempt preseason tournament in Cleveland featuring 8 of Ohio's 13 division 1 teams. Maybe you could offer some play in games to include all of Ohio's teams. The battle for Ohio of something and do it once every ten years. You might end up with packed hotels in Cleveland for a weekend.

You would need state legislators to make this happen, much as they compelled Kentucky and Louisville to play each other every year. Cleveland is a neutral site, and they could use the cash. I think the thing would be well attended.
    RIP Brian Dargin McCormick

Assuming we play at home next season in the Gavitt Games, this probably rules out OSU. I'm also guessing we wouldn't play Wisconsin or Michigan again. Hoping that means IU or MSU are headed to Cintas.

Also, I would support an Ohio Classic every year in Columbus between Xavier, UC, OSU and Dayton. We play either Dayton or OSU every year and Dayton plays Xavier or UC every year (no X - UC games outside of the Shootout). I feel like OSU would be happy to play at Nationwide and all the other schools would enjoy the opportunity for a high-profile, neutral court event.

You have to include the other D1 schools in anything that planned ahead. I have no interest in X playing a rivalry game with Dayton each year, but I would love to have them as part of Battle of Ohio event. And for that matter including Wright State, Cleveland State, Kent, BGSU, Ohio, Miami, OSU, and UC...it's the right thing to do for fans and competition.

Quote Originally Posted by sirthought View Post
    You have to include the other D1 schools in anything that planned ahead. I have no interest in X playing a rivalry game with Dayton each year, but I would love to have them as part of Battle of Ohio event. And for that matter including Wright State, Cleveland State, Kent, BGSU, Ohio, Miami, OSU, and UC...it's the right thing to do for fans and competition.
    Why? Indiana has the Crossroads Classic and it always has Indiana, Butler, Purdue and Notre Dame. It doesn't include Ball State, Evansville, Indiana State, IPFW, IUPUI, or Valparaiso.