Page 42 of 70 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast
    Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by stammina0721 View Post
    I hope to God we get paired up with either Purdue or Michigan State. Those two matchups are dream matchups for X
    I just want to avoid Duke. I think Virginia is good but less likely they reach elite 8 (compared to Duke). At this point, Nova is the other team I don’t want in our region.

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier View Post
    I just want to avoid Duke. I think Virginia is good but less likely they reach elite 8 (compared to Duke). At this point, Nova is the other team I don’t want in our region.
    I want to punch Duke in their lady parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier View Post
    I 100% agree with avoiding Duke. Bagley and Carter are incredibly athletic and would blow by Kanter and O'Mara, not the best of match-ups to have, I also agree with the assessment of Virginia, they'd be a bit easier to get it going against since their forte is defense, and we have 9 different options (I mean literally everyone of the 9 guys we play regularly has scored 13 points or more in a game, that's ridiculous). Basically anybody with some athletic, quick bigs, I wouldn't love drawing too much. It'll be interesting to see how things shake out.

Quote Originally Posted by HenryMuto View Post
    Mid Majors almost never get at large bids because they only get a few chances each year and they are expected to blow threw their league at a 17-1 or 18-0 clip which is crazy considering how tough road games are for everyone.

Case in point North Carolina Greesnboro won at NC State this year 81-76.
    While true NC State is not the same team they were back then. They are playing infinitely better now. That team will be a sweet 16 team. I just hope it's not at the expense of X

Lunardi's latest bracket would be a dream. Shitty #8/#9 teams. Kentucky or Texas Tech in the Sweet Sixteen and Michigan State or Cincinnati (LOL, okay, Michigan State) in the elite 8.

I know that the Midwest Regional is the weakest one, too, because EVERYONE in the comments loves their Midwest draw (Michigan State, Kentucky and Cincinnati fans).

With the revenge tour we've been on this year, the perfect bracket would have UCLA as the 8 seed, Gonzaga as the 4 and Duke as the 2.

Freshman
    And Wisconsin the 16.

....What? I can dream too.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Lunardi's latest bracket would be a dream. Shitty #8/#9 teams. Kentucky or Texas Tech in the Sweet Sixteen and Michigan State or Cincinnati (LOL, okay, Michigan State) in the elite 8.

I know that the Midwest Regional is the weakest one, too, because EVERYONE in the comments loves their Midwest draw (Michigan State, Kentucky and Cincinnati fans).
    I know they haven't had a great year, but I don't want to face UK in the tourney. Too much talent even if it isn't the typical one and done UK talent, there is still a lot of it.

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    I know they haven't had a great year, but I don't want to face UK in the tourney. Too much talent even if it isn't the typical one and done UK talent, there is still a lot of it.
    I think it just depends on where we would face them. I agree I dont want anything to do with them in the second round as a 8/9 seed. But if we face them Sweet 16 or further I would be ok with it because there would probably be a lot of other potential teams at that point that I wouldnt want to see.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    This. Obviously we're gonna have to play some good teams along the way, but with that said, if every lower seed could pull upsets so we don't have to play a single seed higher than 9, I would be all for it. Always hope for the easiest draw and never apologize for it. Anyone who says "i wanna play the best" is crazy. While I get the premise, it is still crazy that some prefer that route. As someone who has coached other sports competitively, never apologize for good matchups due to other teams pulling upsets.