Page 34 of 70 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast
    I would heartily root against UC if I am in the building. If UC is in Wichita, it will be kind of gross because I would expect the Wichita State fans to cheer for them. I plan to go to the games, and I wouldn't enjoy that.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    I would heartily root against UC if I am in the building. If UC is in Wichita, it will be kind of gross because I would expect the Wichita State fans to cheer for them. I plan to go to the games, and I wouldn't enjoy that.
    I hate UC more than anyone but would feel really weird openly rooting against them, in person, at THEIR tournament game. Why not just watch the game and hope they lose? If I saw a UC fan at a Xavier tournament game, openly rooting against us, I'd definitely think he was a huge loser.

Quote Originally Posted by GetUp5 View Post
    I hate UC more than anyone but would feel really weird openly rooting against them, in person, at THEIR tournament game. Why not just watch the game and hope they lose? If I saw a UC fan at a Xavier tournament game, openly rooting against us, I'd definitely think he was a huge loser.
    I'm probably not going to be wearing Xavier gear at the game, and I'm not expecting to be jumping up and down (depending on who they're playing), but I'm not going to skip their game, and I'm not going to cheer FOR them.

Junior
    Ya, I never consider myself to be cheering against someone. I知 just cheering for the other team.

Edit: except when it痴 uc vs. dayton. Then I知 cheering for the second coming of Christ.
    zip em up

Quote Originally Posted by BandAid View Post
    Ya, I never consider myself to be cheering against someone. I’m just cheering for the other team.

Edit: except when it’s uc vs. dayton.
    UC v. Dayton is like watching the old Olympics when East Germany would play against USSR.

Ok, is probably skip UC vs. VD if that somehow came to pass here.

Freshman
    I'm in an unusual situation. I went to Xavier for undergrad, but UC for my second masters. For basketball, all that matters to me is XU. But if UC wins when they're not playing us....eh, that's OK with me.

Quote Originally Posted by dethwing View Post
    I'm in an unusual situation. I went to Xavier for undergrad, but UC for my second masters. For basketball, all that matters to me is XU. But if UC wins when they're not playing us....eh, that's OK with me.
    I got my undergrad from UC and truthfully, it really wouldn't bother me if UC won EXCEPT for the fact that I really would not be able to deal with YTG and his attitude if they did. UC has a good team, but that dude is just irritating and UC losing keeps him from having anything meaningful to say. I dislike YTG more than I will ever dislike UC.
    We've come a long way since my bench seat at the Fieldhouse!

Quote Originally Posted by muskiefan82 View Post
    I got my undergrad from UC and truthfully, it really wouldn't bother me if UC won EXCEPT for the fact that I really would not be able to deal with YTG and his attitude if they did. UC has a good team, but that dude is just irritating and UC losing keeps him from having anything meaningful to say. I dislike YTG more than I will ever dislike UC.
    I actually don't dislike any of the current UC players. Last player I hated of theirs was Yancey Gates. But I loathe Cronin so much I hope his tourney struggles continue his entire career.

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    I have no problem actively rooting against UC. My favorite college bball teams are XU, SLU (Yikes, F U Jim Crews), and whoever is playing UC.
    "I知 willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I知 going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I知 going to play harder than I致e ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17