Page 32 of 70 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by AviatorX View Post
    They changed this a little while back, basically the first and second round pod locations can be in any combination/region.
    So they aren't decided where the winners go until after the first weekend?

Guess when I look at this it seems like South (Atlanta) and West (LA) for the Nashville winners.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...l/bracketology

(it's also possible I don't understand this crap)
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    So they aren't decided where the winners go until after the first weekend?

Guess when I look at this it seems like South (Atlanta) and West (LA) for the Nashville winners.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...l/bracketology

(it's also possible I don't understand this crap)
    The winners know where they will go, but not until the field is announced. Any first/second round site can be in any region. Last year Xavier was in the West Region, but their first two games were in Orlando (decidedly NOT west).

I will once again announce how crazy fantastic it would be for X to win in Nashville and then move on for more wins in Atlanta. I could handle that boost of happiness!

As an alternative, I could settle for that winning Powerball ticket I bought on the way home today to come through....

Sophomore
    It’s barely worth talking about but a potential draw against UK in Nashville is a horrible draw. I don’t care how they’ve been playing, they have lots of talent. And Big Blue Nation would be there in force.

All-Conference
    Agreed on UK...they have the talent to beat anyone. That would be a crappy 2nd round matchup...if they get there.

Quote Originally Posted by muethibp View Post
    It’s barely worth talking about but a potential draw against UK in Nashville is a horrible draw. I don’t care how they’ve been playing, they have lots of talent. And Big Blue Nation would be there in force.
    I would say that Committee wouldn't do that to us as a protected seed.....but it was just a few years ago that undefeated #1 seed Wichita State had to play Kentucky in St. Louis. So yeah, the Committee actually probably WOULD do that to us.

Quote Originally Posted by muethibp View Post
    I went down to Nashville when we lost to Maryland and that was about as miserable experience as possible. We lost to begin with and we had sit next to and across from all of those Hilljacks........sorry, but most of their fans are intolerable at best.

It makes no sense XU playing in Nashville. I think the highest seed gets to play closer to home. Based on that and the seeds, #1 X should play in Detroit ahead of # 3 MSU and #1 X should play in Pittsburgh ahead of #2 Cincinnati.

Cincinnati to Detroit (airports) 229 miles
    Cincinnati to Nashville (airports) 230 miles
    Cincinnati to Pittsburgh (airports) 256 miles
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    I would say that Committee wouldn't do that to us as a protected seed.....but it was just a few years ago that undefeated #1 seed Wichita State had to play Kentucky in St. Louis. So yeah, the Committee actually probably WOULD do that to us.
    Protected seeds are only protected for one round - not 2.