Page 69 of 70 FirstFirst ... 195967686970 LastLast
    Middle Tennessee played their way into a fantastic situation. They had a non tournament team (or at least a team that was outside the bubble) at home, and a virtual non-div1 team to play in their first CUSA game. They just had to win one of them. They won neither of them.

I'm almost certain that Saint Mary's had the chance to play Creighton, Nevada, and Rhode Island. They were approached by those schools. They said no to all of them. No one can hand pick their schedule, and it's a lot harder for some teams than others to schedule the way they need to to make a good case for themselves. But SMC simply chose not to. Again. I don't feel sorry for them.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

Quote Originally Posted by xubrew View Post

I'm almost certain that Saint Mary's had the chance to play Creighton, Nevada, and Rhode Island. They were approached by those schools. They said no to all of them. No one can hand pick their schedule, and it's a lot harder for some teams than others to schedule the way they need to to make a good case for themselves. But SMC simply chose not to. Again. I don't feel sorry for them.
    Yep. And considering the committee head is the AD at Creighton, not agreeing to a Home-and-Home with them was really bad decision by St. Mary's.

Quote Originally Posted by xubrew View Post

If your conference sucks, you'd better play some decent OOC games if you want an at large bid.

Freshman
    Or not lose to garbage teams like San Francisco.

Afterthought is understating it this week, but the NIT is actually really really good this year.
    Run the table.

Quote Originally Posted by SemajParlor View Post
    Afterthought is understating it this week, but the NIT is actually really really good this year.
    I did find it a little funny that NKU played UK in their first ever NCAA trip and now gets UL in their first ever NIT trip.
    We've come a long way since my bench seat at the Fieldhouse!

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dethwing View Post
    Or not lose to garbage teams like San Francisco.
    They nearly lost to an atrocious Pepperdine team in the WCC tournament. They weren't the same after that USF loss.

Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    I' not saying they shouldnt be in but I think what the committee is saying is schedule tough out of conference but also win some of those games.
    Yup, that's exactly what Rasmussen said. He said that they scheduled well and had opportunities, but they needed to capitalize on those opportunities. That's fair. If simply scheduling a tough non-conference was enough, then there are some low-majors who schedule a lot of tough buy games who would deserve a place.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Off season thought: KPI still seems the best at something.

Also, we should have gone a little further as a #1 seed. Crap.

http://www.kpisports.net/2018/03/13/...-2018-edition/
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    Off season thought: KPI still seems the best at something.

Also, we should have gone a little further as a #1 seed. Crap.

http://www.kpisports.net/2018/03/13/...-2018-edition/
    If you believe in numbers and analytics, X shows it was definitely the weakest 1 seeed.
    Interesting what next year metrics will show. SOS will be great. Defense can't be worse than last year. Offense will dip.