Indiana and Arizona Schedule 3 Games

Link

They’ll start in 2019-20, playing in Arizona, then face-off in Bloomington the following season before finally heading up to Madison Square Garden in 2021-22.
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

I assume that pisses off Dayton fans. So I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    I assume that pisses off Dayton fans. So I like it.
    Your heart is in the right place.

A little bit surprising because many times brothers don't want to compete against each other. Guess these two don't have any problem with it, and it certainly will generate some real interest and pub for both schools.

Quote Originally Posted by XUGRAD80 View Post
    A little bit surprising because many times brothers don't want to compete against each other. Guess these two don't have any problem with it, and it certainly will generate some real interest and pub for both schools.
    I had read that they wanted to put each other on the schedule in order to prevent the Committee from doing it for them.

All-Conference
    When coaches say "I hate playing them because we're friends/brother", I call BS.

And if Sean can schedule games against his brother, he can schedule games against Xavier, who he constantly raves about. I'd take a 2 for 1.

Maybe he doesn't want a repeat...
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Quote Originally Posted by MuskieXU View Post
    I had read that they wanted to put each other on the schedule in order to prevent the Committee from doing it for them.
    That seems like a bad strategy. That only prevents the Committee from matching you up in the first round, and Arizona and Indiana aren't likely to be meeting in the first round too often anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    That seems like a bad strategy. That only prevents the Committee from matching you up in the first round, and Arizona and Indiana aren't likely to be meeting in the first round too often anyway.
    I'm not sure if it's explicitly mentioned in the rules, but I think the committee generally tries to avoid rematches until the S16. I think playing in the regular season could potentially help avoid a tournament rematch, but I agree that it's probably not a good enough reason alone to arrange a series. I think the bigger reason is that this is a rare case where brothers/mentors/friends have a chance to play a mutually beneficial series. Archie and Sean aren't really in direct competition so playing the series helps both programs and doesnt really have a winner or loser.