Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Sophomore

Teens filmed, mocked and laughed while man slowly drowned

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/07/20...y-drowned.html

Has anyone seen this story. This has to be one of the saddest things I have ever seen.

That is beyond sad and disgusting. And it's likely that none of the teens individually would have been so callous. Just horrible.

I'm legitimately disgusted. It's one thing if you can't swim but seriously? The commentary??? I actually gagged. Some humans are genuinely evil.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by GIMMFD View Post
    I'm legitimately disgusted. It's one thing if you can't swim but seriously? The commentary??? I actually gagged. Some humans are genuinely evil.
    I found it interesting that no criminal was determined to have taken place. I guess I understand the kids didn't directly cause this man to drown, but my goodness, there comments seemed to go beyond just observing. I wonder if they would be vulnerable to a civil suit if they had any assets worth pursuing.

I don't think what they did should be criminal. Not every vile act is criminal. Can't really see a civil suit either. They didn't have any duty to the guy who was drowning.

Now, if all these fine citizens happened to also drown next week, I wouldn't be sad.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by GIMMFD View Post
    I found it interesting that no criminal action was determined to have taken place. I guess I understand the kids didn't directly cause this man to drown, but my goodness, there comments seemed to go beyond just observing. I wonder if they would be vulnerable to a civil suit if they had any assets worth pursuing.

Quote Originally Posted by kmcrawfo View Post
    I found it interesting that no criminal was determined to have taken place. I guess I understand the kids didn't directly cause this man to drown, but my goodness, there comments seemed to go beyond just observing. I wonder if they would be vulnerable to a civil suit if they had any assets worth pursuing.
    I don't like it but what duty did they have to help him? They didn't create the situation, they didn't begin to help then stop, they didn't have a parental or guardian relationship over him...there is no duty to help him.

And I highly doubt they're vulnerable to a civil suit in the state of Florida. The Goldmans can't even go after OJ's assets in Florida, why do you think these kids are liable for doing nothing?

They're shitty human beings but that's about it.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    I don't think what they did should be criminal. Not every vile act is criminal. Can't really see a civil suit either. They didn't have any duty to the guy who was drowning.

Now, if all these fine citizens happened to also drown next week, I wouldn't be sad.
    Good Samaritan Law - The Seinfeld Finale.
    Run the table.

Even your garden variety good samaritan law wouldn't likely apply. They probably could not have helped without putting themselves in harm's way.

Did I miss something? I thought they were charged with not reporting a death, which is criminal. It's all they could get them on. Is that correct? At least it's something for being shitty human beings. (I did NOT watch, as I can't see a reason to make myself sick...I've heard and read enough.)