Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    1/2/1990 X vs. Loyola Marymount at the Gardens. Won 115-113. Epic. Hank Gathers died later that year. Dude was amazing

04 Duke game. I think we get to the top of the mountain a lot faster if Duke goes down that day.
    We've come a long way since my bench seat at the Fieldhouse!

Sophomore
    1) Purdue 2011. Its the only game i have been to at the 'Tas since i graduated and boy was it worth the trip. Never heard that arena louder (live) than that game.

2) Jeffrey Maier Catch (game 1 1996 ALCS). Maybe the Yankees still go on to win that series but it wouldn't have felt like everything was going to go in their favor had the umpire called that ball out for fan interference.

All-Conference
    Quote Originally Posted by MuskieXU View Post
    I disagree here. Xavier was legitimately playing as well as anyone in the nation that last month. They absolutely embarrassed the undefeated #1 team in the nation (St Joes), then handled 3 top 20 teams in a row in the tournament. After that they arguably outplayed Duke, who was the best team in the nation that year talent wise, when they had Myles. Would they have been favored over UConn? Obviously not. But after watching us go toe to toe with Duke for 40 minutes I think we couldve done the same with UConn.
    Agree with your disagreement. With that team and the roll they were on, they could have beaten anyone.

Would definitely change the XU/Duke outcome, as far as #1 that is a tad harder. I was at the #1 in the country #2 in the city game at UC. I was at the Hoosier Dome for Princeton's win over UCLA in the tourney. I was also at the '08 win over WVU for Raymond's 3. Sucks is my wife wanted me to head to Fresno this year also but I didn't because of the cost. Could have seen that as well.

Edit: I also got to see Jose Jimenez for the Cards no-hit the Dbacks. RJ gave up 1 hit that game. Pretty crazy to witness a game like that, it was just a bit over 2 hours.
    Last edited by ArizonaXUGrad; 07-19-2017 at 04:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HuskyMuskie View Post
    1. X/Kansas State - '10

2. X/Kansas State - '10

Still hard for me to get beat up about losing that game because it was such an incredible basketball game. Just one stop in 2OT...just one...............
    This.

1. I have the misfortune of never making it to any tournament game. My wife and I were supposed to go to the BET this year (and then I would have said the X-Butler game), but we suddenly had to help a family member out financially. Still peeves me months later. So, I'll say '06 Crosstown Shootout, when we got to chant at Huggins up in one of the boxes because he had just been fired.

2. 1996 Cardinals-Braves series. Braves came back to win from down 3-1, or the Cardinals could have faced the Yankees in the World Series.

Junior
    I'm a bit newer to Xavier fandom than many of you, so:

2008 Sweet Sixteen win over WVU
    2007 loss against Ohio State (ugh, that one still leaves a bitter taste in my mouth)
    Close second place for game I wish I could change the outcome is the brawl (not necessarily the score, but all the fallout and how the entire season went askew)
    zip em up

Best game I've been in person for, as far as total quality of game goes, is the December 31, 2002 game vs Creighton.

If I could change the outcome of any game:
    non-Xavier category: Bengals-Niners XXIII. (Game 5 of 2012 Reds-Giants NLDS a close 2nd)
    Xavier category: XU-Duke 2004 Elite 8. Agreed with the others that the way X was playing at that time, they could've played with anyone. (And I might actually go 2009 Pitt S16 over the 2010 K-State game. If only Brown's feet were just a little bit shorter...)

1. '99 shootout. Still believe (in my head) I hurtled the boards without contact to rush the court.
    2. '04 Duke. What was done to Myles was criminal. I'm sure Putin colluded with Duke and that ref.
    2a. Princeton NI..... :)
    Last edited by Strange Brew; 07-19-2017 at 08:59 PM.

Are we talking memorable wins or best game I've ever seen?

I've been to Shootout wins at Shoemaker, .....and until this March, the Creighton game with West and Korver was the best game I've seen live.

But I skipped The BE tourney this year to catch the second weekend of the NCAAs. The win over Arizona wasn't a masterpiece of skills, but it was just such a great ending, to see the joy of the team, the coaches, and the fans was the most exhilarating sports experience.

Result to change: vs OSU AT Rupp. That game was OURS.
    It's a still great day to be a Muskie, but a sad day to be a supporting member of this board.