Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

2 great questions on Twitter today

1- What's the best college hoops game you've ever seen in person?
    -'96 Crosstown. #1 in the country, #2 in the city.

2- You can change the outcome of one sporting event during your lifetime. Which one would you choose and why?
    -'04 Duke Elite 8 game.
    Last edited by 94GRAD; 07-19-2017 at 02:53 PM.
    Mama always told me, stupid is as stupid does. @danagardens

All-Conference
    If anyone says the Princeton NIT game they are banned forever.

Xavier/Louisville '88

Xavier/K-State '10

As much as I wanna say X/Duke '04, I'm pretty confident X would have been steam rolled in the F4 by that Uconn team. OSU game came to mind as well, but that was second round.

X/KSU takes it for me because I so badly wanted the rematch with Butler. And they definitely could have won that game. Also would have been really cool for a Butler/X Elite 8 with 2 of the best non power conference teams on a national scene. And had they made it, MSU was very beatable as well in F4

1. Xavier Purdue at Cintas, 2011 I think
    2. Xavier Kansas State, 2010

1- What's the best college hoops game you've ever seen in person?
    -Villanova in 2016, but I havent been to the majority of home games. The 17 point comeback against GTown is a close second. My underrated pick is BYU in 07. Down 2 with two minutes to go and tied up with 52 seconds left. Luckily I didnt attend the next game.

2- You can change the outcome of one sporting event during your lifetime. Which one would you choose and why?
    -'04 Duke Elite 8 game, I think thats the only pick here. I'm biased but I think we wouldve had a real shot of beating UConn if we got past Duke. And if we beat UConn we beat GT and win it all.
    Last edited by MuskieXU; 07-19-2017 at 03:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by xufan2434 View Post
    As much as I wanna say X/Duke '04, I'm pretty confident X would have been steam rolled in the F4 by that Uconn team.
    I disagree here. Xavier was legitimately playing as well as anyone in the nation that last month. They absolutely embarrassed the undefeated #1 team in the nation (St Joes), then handled 3 top 20 teams in a row in the tournament. After that they arguably outplayed Duke, who was the best team in the nation that year talent wise, when they had Myles. Would they have been favored over UConn? Obviously not. But after watching us go toe to toe with Duke for 40 minutes I think we couldve done the same with UConn.

1. X/Kansas State - '10

2. X/Kansas State - '10

Still hard for me to get beat up about losing that game because it was such an incredible basketball game. Just one stop in 2OT...just one...............
    Long Live the X.

1) Miss St in Orlando, March, 2004. Game wasn't even close, but there with the wife and kids and I couldn't have taken a close game. Great energy and fun! It was awesome shutting up the Miss St Tuba Boy. I'm such a child sometimes....

2) I'm tempted to say a certain March game vs THE osu with a dubious outcome, but I have to Bills/Giants Super Bowl. That still hurts pretty bad.......wide right.....ouch

Oh, it's ANY sporting event and not just college BB? I'd be tempted to change Louisville/Rutgers football '06, then.