Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

2 great questions on Twitter today

Quote Originally Posted by muskiefan82 View Post
    1/2/1990 X vs. Loyola Marymount at the Gardens. Won 115-113. Epic. Hank Gathers died later that year. Dude was amazing

04 Duke game. I think we get to the top of the mountain a lot faster if Duke goes down that day.
    I second both of these.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke

"The wisest men follow their own direction." - Euripides

Best game I've seen in person: Xavier/Georgetown in '90

Game I would have changed: Ohio State in '07 I might have said but I think if Sean would have won that game I think he would have been gone. So I talked myself out of that. I have to go with the majority.
    Duke '04 as my final answer

1. UC XU in '99
    2. Hands down Bengals Steelers the year Palmer tears ACL on first play. Absolutely no doubt we win the superbowl that year and probably changes this franchises future forever

Sophomore
    2008 NCAA Regional semi final against West Virginia was the most exciting game I have been to. Bj Raymond with the dagger to put Xavier in the elite 8.

I agree with others the Duke game in the elite 8 with Lionel and Sato. I wish we could have won that game. Phantom foul calls on Myles killed us.
    “Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships.” -Michael Jordan

2004 Xavier vs Texas. Sweet Sixteen - Atlanta. We finally broke through to E 8.

Xavier Ohio State. The Ron Lewis heave. That one will never NOT hurt.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

1. '68 Crosstown 72-71 (breaking 11 game losing streak)

2. Cahill's nightmare
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Quote Originally Posted by muskiefan82 View Post
    1/2/1990 X vs. Loyola Marymount at the Gardens. Won 115-113. Epic. Hank Gathers died later that year. Dude was amazing

04 Duke game. I think we get to the top of the mountain a lot faster if Duke goes down that day.
    Yes.

Yes.
    No, I be concubining.

Too many memorable victories but probably the XU-UC 1990 Shootout. I was getting pelted with popcorn and beer on my own home floor by a bunch of UC law school students but we won. A game which ending I would change: XU-UCLA 2008. For no other reason than it would've gotten us to the FF.
    EXTRA CREDIT- Name the greatest underrated rock and roll band....Shooting Star.

#1 is tough. I've got a couple. First is the 2012 KU vs. Mizzou game. It was the last time they played before Mizzou jumped ship to the SEC. KU came back from down 19 in the 2nd half to win in OT. I've never felt an entire crowd revel in their shared hatred of the visiting team like that Allen Fieldhouse crowd. Second is the 2014 AL WC game. The Royals were down 4 runs in the 8th inning to the A's before came back to win in extras. IMO, that game really launched the Royals towards their WS championship the nest season.

#2 is 2012 Reds vs. Giants NLDS Game 5 and it's not close for me. If I could take back the Posey grand slam and see the Reds move on to the NLCS I would be eternally grateful. That was the single worst feeling I've ever had watching sports.

#1 is Tough. X over St. Joe's in the A-10 Tournament. X over Villanova at Cintas when Nova was ranked #1.

#2 I'm tempted to go with X/Duke in the Elite 8. But also the X/Wisconsin loss in the Second Round. That team was special.
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook