Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bad news comes in threes

With Williams committing to Purdue, X got their's out if the way early in the recruiting process. I see smooth sailing(getting their priority recruits) the rest of the summer and into the fall.
    Mama always told me, stupid is as stupid does. @danagardens

Fours*

Quote Originally Posted by 94GRAD View Post
    With Williams committing to Purdue, X got their's out if the way early in the recruiting process. I see smooth sailing(getting their priority recruits) the rest of the summer and into the fall.
    Swider, Bazely, and Williams were priority recruits. How many priority recruits does X have? Will the kids left on the recruiting chart be as talented as the kids we just missed on.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    Swider, Bazely, and Williams were priority recruits. How many priority recruits does X have? Will the kids left on the recruiting chart be as talented as the kids we just missed on.
    Dosunmu, Hunter, Hunter plus a few others. Not sure what all PF/C type recruits Xavier is in the mix for at this point though. But you are right, Xavier definitely needs to land a couple of the "priority" recruits if they want another great class.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by XUMIOH12 View Post
    Dosunmu, Hunter, Hunter plus a few others. Not sure what all PF/C type recruits Xavier is in the mix for at this point though. But you are right, Xavier definitely needs to land a couple of the "priority" recruits if they want another great class.
    I think we have a great chance at Hunter Jr.

The other two might be tough.

From what I have heard on Dosunmu he really likes Illinois and Kansas.

I had posted yesterday that I heard Hunter was Michigan bound, but that one is being kept pretty quiet.

It'll definitely be interesting to see who the staff shows up to watch day 1 of the open period.

Junior
    Could it be our stellar 17 class is scaring off these 18 recruits? Since we're not into 1 and done so so much, maybe these 18 guys figure they'll sit for a year or 2.

Quote Originally Posted by JTG View Post
    Could it be our stellar 17 class is scaring off these 18 recruits? Since we're not into 1 and done so so much, maybe these 18 guys figure they'll sit for a year or 2.
    But lots of minutes open up with JP, Tre, Kanter, O'Mara all leaving.

We're still a bit spoiled after last year. Naji, Ridder and Harden all committed early during the summer, which doesn't typically happen. Scruggs didn't commit until the fall, but it was pretty well known we had him.

The year before, Q and Tyrqiue both committed in August. I don't recall everybody running for the fences because we didn't have any hard commits before July 6th.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by JTG View Post
    I don't think that's the case, especially for Williams and Bazley.

If you look at the 2017 class of us, Syracuse and Purdue Syracuse and Purdue signed more guys that each of them would compete with for minutes last year than we did.

Swider maybe?

No need to worry yet, we know Mack will get some great players.

Why is Casual still here?
    Coaches don't make Xavier, Xavier makes coaches.