Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    How many "priority" kids are we going after? At some point, the next kid isn't going to be as talented as the kid we missed out on.
    This is how recruiting works, especially when you are recruiting kids that everybody wants.

You will lose way more than you win and it is still extremely early in the 2018 class.

It would have been nice to land any of the three, but it is by no means anything to worry about at this point.

The key is what happens now. It's easy when you hit on your top guys, but how you rebound when you miss is what separates teams that are consistently good versus the ones who cycle between being good and average.

If this staff has proven one thing it is that they are tireless on the recruiting front and will leave no stone unturned.
    Last edited by casualfan; 07-06-2017 at 11:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by casualfan View Post
    This is how recruiting works, especially when you are recruiting kids that everybody wants.

You will lose way more than you win and it is still extremely early in the 2018 class.

It would have been nice to land any of the three, but it is by no means anything to worry about at this point.

The key is what happens now. It's easy when you hit on your top guys, but how you rebound when you miss is what separates teams that are consistently good versus the ones who cycle between being good and average.

If this staff has proven one thing it is that they are tireless on the recruiting front and will leave no stone unturned.
    What he said.

I hear he sucks anyway.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by XUFan09 View Post
    What he said.
    I'm really curious to see if they can sneak in another guy for 2017.

Chris has mentioned a couple times that they wouldn't mind having a sit out transfer on the roster this upcoming year and while the pickens are pretty slim it's not uncommon for a couple guys to shake loose as summer rolls on.

Big 0 for 3 on the recruiting trail this week...so much for an Elite 8 recruiting bump.
    0 for 4 if you include transfer Jalen Coleman-Lands picking DePaul over X.

"I guess I picked a bad week to stop sniffing glue."
    "Xavier born and Xavier bred, and when I am gone I will be Xavier Dead!"
    NJ!NP! 8/30/12

Quote Originally Posted by Lamont Sanford View Post
    0 for 4 if you include transfer Jalen Coleman-Lands picking DePaul over X.

"I guess I picked a bad week to stop sniffing glue."
    Coleman-Lands would've given us the shooter we really need in the 2018 class. Honestly might be the most impactful miss out of the 4.

I wonder is this year's class is looking so strong that these guys fear they'd be standing in line too long to get the playing time they want.

Quote Originally Posted by sirthought View Post
    I wonder is this year's class is looking so strong that these guys fear they'd be standing in line too long to get the playing time they want.
    You don't think the schools these kids are picking don't have kids already there they're going to have to compete against? What the about Duke, UK, Zona, Kansas, etc who have 3-4 five star kids in a class. Doesn't seem to bother those kids from competing for minutes.

You don't think the schools these kids are picking don't have kids already there they're going to have to compete against? What the about Duke, UK, Zona, Kansas, etc who have 3-4 five star kids in a class. Doesn't seem to bother those kids from competing for minutes.
    I agree, this idea has come up WAY too much as of late. No, were not so good at recruiting that were scaring recruits away. We lost these battles, let's not act like it's because our team is "tooo good".

He's fat.