2016-2017 Awards

Xavier basketball announced its 2016-17 award winners on Tuesday. For a third year, a combination of fan and coaches' votes determined the winners.

Ernest A. Staak Memorial Award – J.P. Macura

Connie Brown Award – Tim Stainbrook

Gordon E. Nead Award – Quentin Goodin

Lew Hirt Society Award – Edmond Sumner

George E. "Skip" Prosser Award – Trevon Bluiett

Click here for more (including video packages for all the above awards).
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

Fun Fact: At the end of the Sumner Video Package for the Lew Hirt Award, the camera pans to some of the LHS members in the crowd.
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

No knock on Goodin but how can a freshmen win the most improved player award?

Quote Originally Posted by xuwin View Post
    I mean, the guys are practicing with the team as early as October and Xavier was playing through much of March. That's a wide range of time by which to judge improvement.

2016-2017 Awards

Quote Originally Posted by xuwin View Post
    I think he improved the most throughout the season. Maybe you could have given it to Bernard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Muskie View Post
    I think he improved the most throughout the season. Maybe you could have given it to Bernard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Maybe O'Mara too, granted that was really just the tournament, but yes, Q made incredible strides from his first game inserted into the starting line-up to the tournament, don't you guys remember everyone calling for his head on this damn board.

2016-2017 Awards

Quote Originally Posted by GIMMFD View Post
    Maybe O'Mara too, granted that was really just the tournament, but yes, Q made incredible strides from his first game inserted into the starting line-up to the tournament, don't you guys remember everyone calling for his head on this damn board.
    Minus that one point when some people were actually suggesting he was better than Sumner because he had a couple good games (at a time when there wasn't a lot of tape out on him).

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk