Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Masters

Currently residing in Section 105, Row J, after 17 years in Section 104, Row I
    Quote Originally Posted by 94GRAD View Post
    Final 4 weekend is right before Masters week!
    I know. Two years ago, I went to the Tuesday practice round at the Masters with three friends. We had every intention of watching the Muskies win the national championship on Monday night at our hotel.
    Xavier always goes to the NCAA tournament...Projecting anything less than that this season feels like folly--Eamonn Brennan, ESPN (Summer Shootaround, 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by X-man View Post
    Just got word that I have been approved for 2 tickets to "moving day" (Saturday) of next year's Masters. I have been to a practice round, but never a competitive round...especially on the weekend...there. Any advice?
    We went on a Thursday a few years ago. I was actually wishing it was a practice round with fewer people because the course is even more glorious than the golf! Get out of the way so I can appreciate this place!

For those who have never been, TV does not do justice to the changes in elevation. It's an incredible place.

Pass on the pimento cheese sandwiches (yuck) and the mint juleps.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Currently residing in Section 105, Row J, after 17 years in Section 104, Row I
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    Pass on the pimento cheese sandwiches (yuck) and the mint juleps.
    I agree (wow, we agree on something!). But the egg and chicken salad sandwiches are grand, as are the Georgia peach ice cream sandwiches.
    Xavier always goes to the NCAA tournament...Projecting anything less than that this season feels like folly--Eamonn Brennan, ESPN (Summer Shootaround, 2012)

Mint juleps at the Masters?!? Do they think they're the Kentucky Derby or something? That awful concoction should only be served at big events in Kentucky.