Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Holtman Contract Incentives

• $20,000 bonus for leading the Buckeyes to a Big Ten regular season championship or co-championship;
    • $40,000 bonus for winning the Big Ten Tournament;
    • $40,000 bonus for making the NCAA Tournament;
    • $20,000 bonus for making the Elite Eight of the NCAA Tournament;
    • $20,000 bonus for making the Final Four of the NCAA Tournament;
    • $100,000 bonus for winning a national championship;
    • $50,000 bonus if his team has a 3.0 or better Grade Point Average;
    • $150,000 bonus if his team has a 3.5 or better Grade Point Average;
    • $1,200 per month to use toward two cars;
    • Use of a private jet for recruiting trips at any time, as long as they are more than 200 miles from Columbus. These expenses cannot exceed $65,000 a year;
    • An allotted 20 hours of personal use per year for private jet;
    • 12 tickets and parking passes to each Ohio State home football game;
    • 30 tickets for each home basketball game; and
    • Membership at a golf course mutually agreed upon by both parties.
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

Wow, quite a nice list. I like how he it's for 2 cars, in case he wants to try to drive both at once. The 12 season tickets to Ohio State football would be nice!

I don't think anyone has to worry about most of those in the top half of the list for a year or two though.

Use of a private jet for recruiting trips at any time, as long as they are more than 200 miles from Columbus. These expenses cannot exceed $65,000 a year;

How much private jet time can you get for $65k/year? Someone is giving AN Ohio State University a sweet deal.

The thing that I found most interesting is that $850,000 out of his $3,000,000 dollar salary is paid by Nike for an apparel deal.

Quote Originally Posted by MuskieXU View Post
    The thing that I found most interesting is that $850,000 out of his $3,000,000 dollar salary is paid by Nike for an apparel deal.
    Where did you see that?
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

Heres the link to his contract: https://www.scribd.com/document/3511...eet#from_embed

He makes 3M in cash compensation.
    -850k in base salary
    -1.315M for media, promotions and public relations
    -825k from nike for apparel shoes and equipment
    -10k for appearances for Coca Cola

I dont pretend to know exactly how or why they do this. I guess in some ways its irrelevant whether he gets a piece of OSUs contract with Nike or if OSU gets it all and pays him more, but its interesting nonetheless. FWIW other coaches have Nike deals in their contract as well. Sean Miller makes 400k a year in deals with Nike and IMG (http://www.azcentral.com/story/sport...sion/97394598/) I wouldnt be surprised if CM gets some payment in a deal from Nike, or at the very least a huge stipend to spend on Nike gear (which OSU coaches get as well.)
    Last edited by MuskieXU; 06-14-2017 at 10:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MuskieXU View Post
    Heres the link to his contract: https://www.scribd.com/document/3511...eet#from_embed

He makes 3M in cash compensation.
    -850k in base salary
    -1.315M for media, promotions and public relations
    -825k from nike for apparel shoes and equipment
    -10k for appearances for Coca Cola

I dont pretend to know exactly how or why they do this. I guess in some ways its irrelevant whether he gets a piece of OSUs contract with Nike or if OSU gets it all and pays him more, but its interesting nonetheless. FWIW other coaches have Nike deals in their contract as well. Sean Miller makes 400k a year in deals with Nike and IMG (http://www.azcentral.com/story/sport...sion/97394598/) I wouldnt be surprised if CM gets some payment in a deal from Nike, or at the very least a huge stipend to spend on Nike gear (which OSU coaches get as well.)
    To me, it's a big difference if Nike is giving extra money on top of their contract with OSU. That Nike amount is more than most mid-major and lower level coaches make by itself. No wonder the floor is so slanted in favor of the Big Conference schools. How's a team like Fordham or Richmond to compete without those extra resources?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

All-Conference
    And comparatively, only $100k for winning the national title? Gets $40k for just making it.

But man...it's good to be a high level basketball coach.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Use of a private jet for recruiting trips at any time, as long as they are more than 200 miles from Columbus. These expenses cannot exceed $65,000 a year;

How much private jet time can you get for $65k/year? Someone is giving AN Ohio State University a sweet deal.

I saw what you did there. I like.
    We've come a long way since my bench seat at the Fieldhouse!

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post

yeah, doesn't seem to add up too well:

https://www.aircraftcostcalculator.c...ting_costs.pdf
    2023 Sweet 16