Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    6 shutout innings and his first high A win yesterday. 8 Ks

Since the Orioles are one of only 2 teams with a record worse than the Reds, I don't know whether to feel sorry for Zac...or glad because he might have a better chance of moving up quickly.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

With his curve I wonder what his high side is?

Reliever? I thought I read his fast ball is slow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Orioles 2018 Prospects

15) Zac Lowther, LHP, Grade C+: Age 21, compensation round pick in 2017 from Xavier University; dominant in New York-Penn League with 1.66 ERA in 54 innings, 75/11 K/BB, just 35 hits and one homer allowed; fastball isn’t especially fast around 90 but it plays up due to movement, command, and solid secondary pitches (curve, change); pitchability will make short work of A-ball so Double-A will be the first real test, could be fine number four starter, maybe more, if command remains this impressive at higher levels; ETA 2020.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Thanks for that Paulxu. I thought his curve was his pitch. He must have a split finger fast ball or similar to pair with a nice curve.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zac is now 3-0 with a 0.44 ERA at high-A Frederick.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    Orioles 2018 Prospects
    As someone that has worked in MiLB for a long time, Double-A is the first real test. I've seen plenty of hyped-up kids come into AA ball and not come close to equaling what they did in A-ball or lower. That goes for both hitters and pitchers. I am hoping Lowther is not one of those type of players and keeps rising up and continues to reach that potential. Plus it would be fun to have a Xavier alumni on the roster for once!

I think high-A is a pretty good test, too. But Zac is a very advanced, polished pitcher, so I agree that he's just too much for the guys he's facing now. I can't believe they wasted time putting him in the South Atlantic League this year. He should have spent that time in Frederick so that he was ready to head to Bowie by now to get on with it.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    I think high-A is a pretty good test, too. But Zac is a very advanced, polished pitcher, so I agree that he's just too much for the guys he's facing now. I can't believe they wasted time putting him in the South Atlantic League this year. He should have spent that time in Frederick so that he was ready to head to Bowie by now to get on with it.
    At the Orioles rate, he might be in Baltimore by September (half-kidding).

2023 Sweet 16