Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
    5 shutout innings with 7 Ks for Zac tonight. Hopefully one more start this season.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    5 shutout innings with 7 Ks for Zac tonight. Hopefully one more start this season.
    Projected start against Red Sox 9/29.
    2023 Sweet 16

I'm getting the feeling the curtain might be coming down on the Lowther show. He's got a 9.54 ERA in 14 innings in AAA this year after a nightmare of a 2021. He really needs to turn things around quickly.

Hopefully he saved his 780k signing bonus and 570k salary.
    2023 Sweet 16

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Good news: Lowther has gradually improved down at Norfolk and got a 1-day callup to Baltimore back on Tuesday.

Bad news: It was mop-up duty in relief. 5 1/3 innings pitched while giving up 6 runs (5 earned) and 8 hits. Hopefully he's able to catch on somewhere else b/c he likely won't see an Os jersey again until September.

Zac was finally activated after about 7 weeks off by Norfolk and threw 1.1 scoreless innings on Tuesday. 2 hits and 2 walks, so it wasn't exactly a triumphant return, but it's about as good as he's had this season. Perhaps a few more "successful" outtings with Norfolk to close out a lost 2022 will put him back on track to help the Orioles next year?

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    I'm wondering if he was injured - he was at the extended spring training facility for the Orioles for quite some time.

He got dfa'd by the Orioles and dropped from the 40 man roster. No one claimed him so the Orioles got him back and sent him back to Norfolk.
    2023 Sweet 16

Zac finished the season with one last disastrous outing last Tuesday, giving up 6 runs in 2 innings, including 2 HRs among the 7 hits allowed. He finishes with a 10.31 ERA in 17 appearances covering 43.2 IP. He gave up 75 hits (10 of them HRs), walked 23 and struck out 46 (>9 per 9 innings for anyone looking for a positive!).

The Orioles put him on something called the Development List today, ending his season. I'm not sure what that means, but I don't think it's a good thing to be on. Here's hoping he was hiding some sort of injury this year and gets one more shot next year and turns it around.

Is Zac's career over? He still shows as active and on the injured list at MILB.com, but I've heard nothing about him, and he's said nothing on Twitter. A couple of tweets about Xavier baseball, and a couple of tweets about baseball cards.