Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    After another fine outing for the Frederick Keys on Wednesday (7 shutout innings, 2 hits, 8Ks), Lowther got a profile on MASN's website.

http://www.masnsports.com/steve-mele...ra-leader.html

Sophomore
    Prior to the fire-sale in Baltimore at the deadline, I thought Lowther would have made a couple of starts in Bowie in August to finish the season. Now I think he will start next season in Bowie with his former Muskie teammate Bannon.

Bannon, unfortunately, has been a disaster in Bowie. Hopefully with a fresh start next year it will be a different story. Two strong weeks to end the year would be nice as well.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Bannon, unfortunately, has been a disaster in Bowie. Hopefully with a fresh start next year it will be a different story. Two strong weeks to end the year would be nice as well.
    Yeah, the pitching is just a bit better in AA than in the Single A California League. He needs to adjust his batting stance in MHO, but I only work in the front office. Obviously I want him to do well so I am hoping he adjust over the offseason and gets off to a hot start next season.

The Orioles have thrown 39 different pitchers in Spring Training this year. I'm a bit surprised that they didn't send a guy like Lowther, who is one of their top prospects and a bit older (since he obviously was a three year college arm), out there for an inning or two. Either way, but year for Zac. I assume he's slated to get the full year in AA, and there's definitely an outside chance he could pitch in the Majors this year. With success at AA this year, there's a VERY good chance he could find himself in the Orioles' rotation next year.

5 shutout innings for Zac in his AA debut. 2 hits, 2 walks and 6 Ks. Great beginning for Zac. Hopefully he has a big year and is in Baltimore in 2020.

2023 Sweet 16

Zac got up early today to spin a gem. 7.2 innings, 6 hits, 1BB, 7Ks. 0 runs. Lowered the AA ERA to 2.17. 2020 Orioles rotation?

Lowther threw 5 more shutout innings in his last start with 8Ks and no walks. 1.91 ERA so far in AA, and he was Eastern League pitcher of the week. So he's doing okay for himself.
    Last edited by GoMuskies; 05-24-2019 at 09:48 AM.

Not Lowther (but another Orioles pitcher that is from the Cincinnati area), Drew Rom is the Orioles #27 prospect from Fort Thomas, KY and hasn't allowed a run in 21.2 straight innings. O's drafted him in the 4th round last year out of Highlands HS.

https://www.milb.com/milb/news/drew-...icle_307409784