Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Quote Originally Posted by Muskie View Post
    Butler has hired Jeff Meyer (from UM) as an assistant. That's a good get for them.
    When I think of The Butler Way (tm), I think Kelvin Sampson's staff at IU.

Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by AviatorX View Post
    When I think of The Butler Way (tm), I think Kelvin Sampson's staff at IU.
    Pretty harsh words. Sampson was a big time sleazeball, cheater, and cut lots of corners. Say what you will about Butler, I doubt they cheat.

Quote Originally Posted by JTG View Post
    Pretty harsh words. Sampson was a big time sleazeball, cheater, and cut lots of corners. Say what you will about Butler, I doubt they cheat.
    Yeah, I'm just poking fun at the Butler Way. Sampson's violations really weren't all that bad. But Butler's sanctimonious Twitter crew would surely mention that if a rival school hired Meyer.

It's definitely a good hire, by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by ammtd34 View Post
    The Kyle Young thread on their board is pretty nuts.
    To be fair, that's basically the one post that puts any of the blame on Kyle in the thread and every fanbase has doofuses like that.

The Meyer hire was big for Butler and Jordan IMO. Meyer was never implicated in Sampson's wrongdoings (despite Creany Tom's accusation).

Butler's roster isn't nearly as good as Xavier's, and it's really young, so they won't be nearly as good as last year, but I do think they can still win some games and get better throughout the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Irishdawg View Post
    To be fair, that's basically the one post that puts any of the blame on Kyle in the thread and every fanbase has doofuses like that.

The Meyer hire was big for Butler and Jordan IMO. Meyer was never implicated in Sampson's wrongdoings (despite Creany Tom's accusation).

Butler's roster isn't nearly as good as Xavier's, and it's really young, so they won't be nearly as good as last year, but I do think they can still win some games and get better throughout the season.
    Some of your fellow fans simply look very petty when it comes to attempting to dump on Xavier players - criminal activity, etc.

It makes Butler look small.
    X A V I E R

Sophomore

That was just my favorite post. There are several pages of people asking for OSU to be blocked in a release, which isn't possible anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by ammtd34 View Post
    That was just my favorite post. There are several pages of people asking for OSU to be blocked in a release, which isn't possible anyway.
    Yeah I can only speak for myself on that, but not only is it not possible, it's also a bad look for the school and can only hurt in recruiting going forward. For that reason I was glad they went ahead and released him, and I was also grateful that he stayed quiet about it (since the decision was made basically right after Holtmann accepted the job) until after LaVall was able to meet with the other recruits.

Yeah I can only speak for myself on that, but not only is it not possible, it's also a bad look for the school and can only hurt in recruiting going forward. For that reason I was glad they went ahead and released him, and I was also grateful that he stayed quiet about it (since the decision was made basically right after Holtmann accepted the job) until after LaVall was able to meet with the other recruits.
    You retained 4 out 5 guys. Have to be ecstatic with that all things considered.
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook