Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by X-man View Post
    Xavier's endowment, as low as it is, is a vast improvement from where it was in the mid-80's when I started work at Xavier.
    I think the endowment back then was about $7 million. The joke was that St. X's endowment was more than XU's. But XU has come a long way since then.
    Last edited by XU 87; 06-09-2017 at 10:23 AM.

According to the Indy Star Holtman was making a touch around 1.2 Million after a recent contract extension.
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

Indy Star's list of candidates (Link)

Yes. Even Matta makes the list.
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

Xavier's endowment is more than what is shown on that sight.

Two other major points:

As was noted, Xavier has been on a building boom since 2000, in particular. I can't remember the exact figure, but construction and renovations to campus since then have totaled about $250 million. Believe it or not, there are projects on the boards beyond the new health center as part of a long-term view of what the campus will become. Obviously, with the new health center (or whatever you want to call it), the campus will have made remarkable strides.

The second point is that we are about to come out of the silent phase of the current campaign. It's not my place to throw out numbers, but we will all be fairly pleased with where the endowment is headed.

On that note, please continue to fork over money to Victory Parkway!
    X A V I E R

As stated, Xavier board over last 20 years has improved building and facilities at Xavier with large donations...visit campus....it sure seems like a wise decision to me. Endowments help you give more scholarships which is good, but you need updated technology, buildings an excellent faculty and the correct majors to remain competitive today....many of the other schools mentioned have medical, engineering and law schools which helps since these graduates often have larger estates. The Xavier Athletic Department has done an excellent job generating funds from Xavier athletics and with managing their budget imho....go Xavier!!

Quote Originally Posted by Muskie View Post
    Indy Star's list of candidates (Link)

Yes. Even Matta makes the list.
    This seems like a strange way to start a sentence in that article: "Johnson is a black coach,"

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    This seems like a strange way to start a sentence in that article: "Johnson is a black coach,"
    yeah... that's why I rarely read the Indy Star.

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    It's hard to get people excited about a capital campaign to build endowment. I mean, if you give money and it results in a building, that's something. If you give money with the express purpose of having the university put it in the bank, that's not as cool.
    Ha good point.

Anyone have a list of Jesuit University endowments? I did a quick Google search but couldnt find one. I saw one thing from a couple years ago that had the top 3 Jesuit Universities as BC, Georgetown, and SLU.

I think SLU's is just over 1B.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

As a college basketball fan I don't envy the way Butler fans feel right now (it probably helps that I know quite a few of then personally - Best Friend from law school is a BU Grad). I think we all remember what it's like to have someone leave in June. Luckily it worked for us (though the First Miller year was rough). Hope it works out for them. I want the conference to remain strong.

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

Junior
    When I was at X, 68-72, they didn't have money for anything, let alone an endowment. I will always be convinced it was on the verge of closing by the mid 70s. Thank God for Bill Daily. That, and letting that stooge Fr. Mulligan go.