Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Butler Coaching Search

Adam Zagoria lists Butler Assistants (current or former) (Micah Shrewsberry, Matt Graves, Ryan Pedon, and LaVal Jordan) as candidates.
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

Is the Butler board predicting that Brad Stevens is coming back?

Not that I've seen.
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

It has to be about the money. I know that OSU is huge and can do anything needed with their cash flow and that they have a significant recent basketball history, but is it really better than Butler right now? Man, this sucks for them. We've been there. I hope they can hit a home run for the conference. They need to remain very good in the Big East. I wonder if there will be a Butler/OSU Gavitt Game in the next few years. That could get interesting.
    We've come a long way since my bench seat at the Fieldhouse!

Butler should hire Matta.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Travis Steele

Inter-conference and recruiting issues certainly. It would be a great destination for him.

Of course, I hope he stays at Xavier, but he's earned his shot if the opportunity arises. Best for Xavier are well-compensated and a stable staff of assistants, but these guys have their career goals as well.

I just really wonder how much money Butler has to make a hire. X and Butler have the lowest endowment's in the Conference last I checked. I don't know what Holtman was making, but I doubt it was what Mack was making.

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

Hopefully Butler is getting a nice check from Ohio State to help subsidize the search.

Quote Originally Posted by Muskie View Post
    I just really wonder how much money Butler has to make a hire. X and Butler have the lowest endowment's in the Conference last I checked. I don't know what Holtman was making, but I doubt it was what Mack was making.
    X, at $150 million, has the lowest endowment in the league. Butler is second last at $170 million. The other schools are in the $400-600 million range, except GTown, which is above a billion.

Quote Originally Posted by XU 87 View Post
    X, at $150 million, has the lowest endowment in the league. Butler is second last at $170 million. The other schools are in the $400-600 million range, except GTown, which is above a billion.
    I was looking at old numbers then, as X was above Butler (who can ever really be sure with these things). I do know that Butler just got 9.7 million in donations to related to their Football Stadium. Some of that was to go to Athletics and some was to go to the general University Fund. I've seen various reports on what Holtman could have been making at Butler. The lowest projection (which I don't believe) was something like 1 million per season.

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook