Mussini Leaves St. John's

Link

NEW YORK (AP) — Junior guard Federico Mussini has decided to leave St. John’s to pursue a professional basketball career in Europe.
    Mussini, who averaged 9.5 points, 2.1 rebounds and 1.5 assists, over the past two seasons, made the announcement Tuesday. The native of Reggio Emilia, Italy, played in 62 games, starting 25. He made 112 3-pointers and shot 85.9 percent at the free throw line.
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

He got recruited over and the writing was on the wall. That guy hit some threes keeping the Johnnies in the game his freshman year.

I happened to be in NY and saw his freshman year game vs Xavier at St. John's: 34 minutes 19 pts
    I happened this past year to be in Cintas for the St. John's game: 19 minutes 3 pts

Not sure why he didn't develop. The game in Queen's ... he was a feisty player and very productive - St. John's gave us a tough game. I was surprised he was such a non-factor this past year. I was looking forward to him being a Big East mainstay.

He's signed with the team that Jalen played for last year. Thought he was excellent as a freshman for what their team was. Unfortunate he didn't pan out. Their depth at guard made for a bad situation for him.

Quote Originally Posted by WCWIII View Post
    I happened to be in NY and saw his freshman year game vs Xavier at St. John's: 34 minutes 19 pts
    I happened this past year to be in Cintas for the St. John's game: 19 minutes 3 pts

Not sure why he didn't develop. The game in Queen's ... he was a feisty player and very productive - St. John's gave us a tough game. I was surprised he was such a non-factor this past year. I was looking forward to him being a Big East mainstay.
    He was solid but Ponds and Lovett were both just better, and you couldn't put three undersized guards out there at the same time. He actually did improve, becoming much more efficient, though I don't doubt that was in part thanks to not having to play point guard while trying to make the offense happen on such a talentless team (2015-2016).

I seem to remember him playing well at the Big East Tournament. He was all over the place in the game against Georgetown.
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

My 2 cents. So far , Mullin can recruit well but his coaching and players buying into a system has not panned out.

Mussini Leaves St. John's

Quote Originally Posted by xukeith View Post
    My 2 cents. So far , Mullin can recruit well but his coaching and players buying into a system has not panned out.
    I'm not sure he has a system. It looks like chuck and run to me?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook