Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GIMMFD View Post
    Word on the street is that it's neither, his father died coaching mid-game from a heart attack, and he's always said he didn't want to go into his 60s coaching, he has two sons, 1 being 17 about to be high school senior and is getting college offers at WR, he wants to spend more time with his family. When you've won a national title, numerous BCS bowls, and earned enough money to last two life-times, you can let it go. He wanted to do it before the spring game, but the AD asked him to consider it. Everyone in the Big 12 circles knew Lincoln Riley was basically head coach in waiting, just didn't know when Stoops would step down.
    Sorry but I don't believe any of this. I'm sorry to hear this regarding his father, but frankly stoops the man is a complete dirtbag and I wouldn't believe anything that man says. Urban meyer said the same kind of bs and then few years later he's coaching osu. Stoops is scum..same guy who saw a video of a guy destroying a girls face and thought a one year suspension was appropriate, or the other woman beater wide receiver, or when he scooped up Dorial green Beckham who was kicked out of mizzou for throwing his gf down the stairs.

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    Sorry but I don't believe any of this. I'm sorry to hear this regarding his father, but frankly stoops the man is a complete dirtbag and I wouldn't believe anything that man says. Urban meyer said the same kind of bs and then few years later he's coaching osu. Stoops is scum..same guy who saw a video of a guy destroying a girls face and thought a one year suspension was appropriate, or the other woman beater wide receiver, or when he scooped up Dorial green Beckham who was kicked out of mizzou for throwing his gf down the stairs.
    Scooped up Green-Beckham who stayed on the scout team due to NCAA Waiver rules, so it didn't end up benefitting him, but yes he has made questionable decisions, but it's hard pressed to find a college coach that didn't. Hell even Bill Synder a few weeks ago wanted to stop a transfer of a player who didn't have any Kansas State opponents on his transfer list, and outed to the public that the player failed two drug tests. He's supposed to be the epitome of class, and even if Stoops does get back into coaching (which honestly, I still don't see, he had a extension til 2021, and a damn good Oklahoma team coming back), he did say he wanted to watch his son play his senior year football games, even if he took 1-3 years off, it wouldn't technically be a lie. I honestly don't think he's as bad as say Art Briles by any means.

I'm bumping this because I'm salivating at the thought of WVU's next lord and savior at Quarterback Will Grier aka Mountain Jesus feasting on Virginia Tech in week one, any of you guys going to catch an opening weekend game?

Quote Originally Posted by GIMMFD View Post
    I'm bumping this because I'm salivating at the thought of WVU's next lord and savior at Quarterback Will Grier aka Mountain Jesus feasting on Virginia Tech in week one, any of you guys going to catch an opening weekend game?
    Not week one, but I'm headed to Chapel Hill the next weekend to watch my Cards stomp my secondary alma mater. Nothing better than a day spent on college football!

It's football season? Hot damn.

...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Just realized no one was dumb enough to schedule North Dakota State this year. Bummer. Always one of the more enjoyable results of a college football season.

I am so excited for next week. This is definitely the longest month of the year.

ESPN has removed Robert Lee from the UVA broadcast in Charlottesville week one. You see, he's a guy named Robert Lee. In Charlottesville. So, obviously....

I'm sure he'll be more comfortable doing the Penquins game. GEEEEZ, political sensitivity run amok.
    2023 Sweet 16

I told my kids we are at a dangerous point in time and they are watching events that may have very real and profound implications going forward. Good intentions are often the catalyst for disastrous results.
    We've come a long way since my bench seat at the Fieldhouse!