Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by American X View Post
    Now would be a good time for the Texas A&M program and Kevin Sumlin's career to pull off the upset of the year. No big deal. Kyle Field at night will be explosive (at least at kickoff).

If the Irish can maintain course at North Carolina, it sets up a big matchup with USC in two weeks.
    Texas A&M doing the smart thing and keeping relatively quiet with Bama coming to town unlike Vanderbilt... but I'd be scared if I were facing the number 1 team in the country that has put up ~110 points compared to giving up 3 in consecutive weeks..

I need to rant. Being a WVU fan, you are born into so much optimism, and you always think: "this is it, this is the year that some good things happen to us! I can feel it!!" But you know what happens, you fall on that emotional trap of investing into the lives of 18-22 year old wrestling on a greased up rectangle and let it dictate your emotions. So when you lose because the refs blew 3 calls, and you completely outplay a team from quarter 1 to 4, you lose. Any ranked game? Chop it up as a WVU loss, no matter how close it may seem. I don't know why I trick myself into believing "next year is the year" because we're just going to be a middle of the road Big 12 team, and catch lightning in a bottle once to possibly win a conference championship just to be smacked by some blue-blood juggernaut in the play-offs. It's frustrating to be disappointed and numb year in and year out. AND I CAN'T EVEN DRINK BECAUSE I HAVE TO STUDY. Football is stupid. X better go to the fucking Final 4 this year.

Quote Originally Posted by GIMMFD View Post
    I need to rant. Being a WVU fan, you are born into so much optimism, and you always think: "this is it, this is the year that some good things happen to us! I can feel it!!" But you know what happens, you fall on that emotional trap of investing into the lives of 18-22 year old wrestling on a greased up rectangle and let it dictate your emotions. So when you lose because the refs blew 3 calls, and you completely outplay a team from quarter 1 to 4, you lose. Any ranked game? Chop it up as a WVU loss, no matter how close it may seem. I don't know why I trick myself into believing "next year is the year" because we're just going to be a middle of the road Big 12 team, and catch lightning in a bottle once to possibly win a conference championship just to be smacked by some blue-blood juggernaut in the play-offs. It's frustrating to be disappointed and numb year in and year out. AND I CAN'T EVEN DRINK BECAUSE I HAVE TO STUDY. Football is stupid. X better go to the fucking Final 4 this year.
    Wait...is this TRUE? And NOW you tell me? I wish I had known about this rule years ago - it might have changed my life....

I'm watching the Michigan game in the rain and hoping Bengals/Bills is not that wet. Our tailgate is under a bridge, but I don't want my pre-game beverages getting watered down! I need ponchos and sippie cups!

Quote Originally Posted by xu82 View Post
    Wait...is this TRUE? And NOW you tell me? I wish I had known about this rule years ago - it might have changed my life....
    It's true in medical school, I wish I understood that in undergrad, I'd probably be stateside instead. STILL UPSET AND NUMB THOUGH.

I guess the B1G doesn't want to be in the playoffs this year.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    That clearly seems to be the case.
    X A V I E R

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    Wisconsin says hi, but I don't think they're particularly good, either. I expect them to lose the conference championship game.

After watching the 30 for 30 Catholics vs. Convicts last winter, I commented how exciting it would be to see Notre Dame at the top of college football like that again. Obviously, this was a comment made in despair, coming off of a disastrous season without much grounds for hope. Lo and behold, look where we are today. I love watching this Irish team winning with defense and pounding the ball.

What a great day of college football today. This whole college football season has been a blast.
    "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

Georgia says, "hold my beer and watch us screw this thing up."

In the meantime, the Spartans picked a terrible weekend to visit Columbus Ohio.
    X A V I E R