Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by throwbackmuskie View Post
    Sucks he went to UC of all places.
    It makes a ton of sense, though. Sounds like he's doubling his salary. Doesn't have to uproot his family. No one at Xavier really gives a flying F about baseball anyway, so there's virtually no animosity.

I understand that, but it is uc.....
    Coaches don't make Xavier, Xavier makes coaches.

Xavier really needs a baseball stadium - or, really, just a stadium. Imagine building a decent complex into that hill with the beautiful view of the rest of Xavier's campus. I would imagine that could draw some recruits and do wonders for the program, as well as build some exposure and a fanbase. I know through the last four years interest has grown in the program - it would be a shame if what was there suddenly dropped off again because of this.

Googins to UC???

I suspect new facilities would cost about 10 million based on what I saw if Louisville's stadium. That's a tall order for Xavier without some alumni stepping forward. Even Louisville had a donor step forward with 5 million.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Muskie View Post
    I suspect new facilities would cost about 10 million based on what I saw if Louisville's stadium. That's a tall order for Xavier without some alumni stepping forward. Even Louisville had a donor step forward with 5 million.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Well, step up to the plate Muskie.