Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Manchester

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by X-man View Post
    Your argument is way too subtle for Snipe to understand. He'll never ever get it.
    I don't think it's subtle enough.

Not all Mormons take child brides or multiple wives, but a group that does interprets Mormon teachings and texts in such a way that allows them to do so. While small, it is certainly an issue within Mormonism as a whole.

Fred Phelps is a piece of shit and is by no means a "good" Christian. But he interprets Christian teaching and texts in such a way that allows him to announce at funerals that God is punishing society for allowing gay people to marry. He says so and cites verses that he claims support his views. While an asshole, he is certainly an issue within Christianity as a whole.

Muslim terrorists interpret Islamic teachings and texts in such a way that it justifies taking lives at a concert. I know this because they explicitly say it. I don't see that Snipe has blamed all of Islam, and I agree that a small amount of Muslims support these acts. But some do. To pretend that Islam plays no role is naive.

So are you quoting the headline or the actual story? Because it was still Muslim bombs that killed those civilians....
    I haven't failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that don't work.

Quote Originally Posted by ammtd34 View Post
    I don't think it's subtle enough.

Not all Mormons take child brides or multiple wives, but a group that does interprets Mormon teachings and texts in such a way that allows them to do so. While small, it is certainly an issue within Mormonism as a whole.

Fred Phelps is a piece of shit and is by no means a "good" Christian. But he interprets Christian teaching and texts in such a way that allows him to announce at funerals that God is punishing society for allowing gay people to marry. He says so and cites verses that he claims support his views. While an asshole, he is certainly an issue within Christianity as a whole.

Muslim terrorists interpret Islamic teachings and texts in such a way that it justifies taking lives at a concert. I know this because they explicitly say it. I don't see that Snipe has blamed all of Islam, and I agree that a small amount of Muslims support these acts. But some do. To pretend that Islam plays no role is naive.
    If you are going to call them as the post above states 'Muslim bombs' then just go ahead and use that same massive brush for all the other crap that people do in the name of religion. My point wasn't to shift blame away from the radicals, just that there are plenty of radicals to go around.

Quote Originally Posted by xavierdude View Post
    So are you quoting the headline or the actual story? Because it was still Muslim bombs that killed those civilians....
    Honestly this message board is so wonky I can't even tell if this is sarcasm.
    Run the table.

Conservatives: I hate you liberals as much as I hate terrorists - You cause them by excusing them.
    Liberals: I hate you Conservatives as much as I hate terrorists - You cause them by inflaming them.

Boom!
    Don't get saucy with me, Bearnaise!

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Delkus View Post
    Conservatives: I hate you liberals as much as I hate terrorists - You cause them by excusing them.
    Liberals: I hate you Conservatives as much as I hate terrorists - You cause them by inflaming them.

Boom!
    This is not clever.

This should not be a politically dividing phenomenon. Retaliation will always come with any level of imperialism. This is not unique to today, and it is not unique of Islam. If you think it is you are either blind or have an elementary understanding of human history.

Terrorists and imperial powers can both be immoral at the same time. Resist the urge to look for a sole recipient of blame. Boom...?

Quote Originally Posted by Caf View Post
    This is not clever.

This should not be a politically dividing phenomenon. Retaliation will always come with any level of imperialism. This is not unique to today, and it is not unique of Islam. If you think it is you are either blind or have an elementary understanding of human history.

Terrorists and imperial powers can both be immoral at the same time. Resist the urge to look for a sole recipient of blame. Boom...?
    This is absolutely a post of reason. Look no further than the US military bombing Syria and killing around 100 civilians the other day.

Supporting Member
    "If our season was based on A-10 awards, there’d be a lot of empty space up in the rafters of the Cintas Center." - Chris Mack

Currently residing in Section 105, Row J, after 17 years in Section 104, Row I
    Another story involving Muslims and terror....https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...=.5d65cd2704a5.
    Xavier always goes to the NCAA tournament...Projecting anything less than that this season feels like folly--Eamonn Brennan, ESPN (Summer Shootaround, 2012)

In the wake of the Manchester suicide bombing it emerged that British authorities were grappling with 500 investigations into 3,000 individuals.

On Friday security sources confirmed a further 20,000 individuals were said to have been considered “subjects of interest” in the past, although the period the figures cover is unclear.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a7758671.html