Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Cole Swider SF

The fact that he led so many offensive categories at the top 100 camp is more than enough for me. Would be thrilled to get him. Would be an amazing start to the 2018 class.

Quote Originally Posted by XMuskieFTW View Post
    The fact that he led so many offensive categories at the top 100 camp is more than enough for me. Would be thrilled to get him. Would be an amazing start to the 2018 class.
    Now I know I'm completely dreaming at this point, but what if we actually get a better class than the one we got this year? This could definitely be a big time step in another monster class. Could cement us in the top 10 for years to come down the road. Granted it won't be down to just Swider, but him showing this much interest really shows how much our program is coming along.. the calm before the storm is amongst us guys.

Quote Originally Posted by GIMMFD View Post
    Now I know I'm completely dreaming at this point, but what if we actually get a better class than the one we got this year? This could definitely be a big time step in another monster class. Could cement us in the top 10 for years to come down the road. Granted it won't be down to just Swider, but him showing this much interest really shows how much our program is coming along.. the calm before the storm is amongst us guys.
    The other recruits they are associated with is.......very encouraging. No getting ahead of myself here, but I do love the trend!

Quote Originally Posted by casualfan View Post
    Been told good news is likely coming in short order.

Fingers crossed.
    Define shortly?

I cannot rationally explain why I'm mildly obsessing about this recruit. He's 17? 18? I follow these threads with interest, but this is a fun one. If Mack pulls this off vs two damn good and famous recruiters, BANG!

Mack beat a late offer from Izzo to keep Trevon. He works so hard.
    It's a still great day to be a Muskie, but a sad day to be a supporting member of this board.

Quote Originally Posted by Emp View Post
    Define shortly?

I cannot rationally explain why I'm mildly obsessing about this recruit. He's 17? 18? I follow these threads with interest, but this is a fun one. If Mack pulls this off vs two damn good and famous recruiters, BANG!

Mack beat a late offer from Izzo to keep Trevon. He works so hard.
    Precisely how I'm looking at it.

Regardless of any specifics involved, I want to beat Duke in this case.
    X A V I E R

Last edited by bobbiemcgee; 06-28-2017 at 12:36 AM.
    2023 Sweet 16

Sophomore
    Define shortly?
    Couldn't tell ya. We're dealing with teenagers haha.

I know that if this decision was being made in a vacuum he would have already committed to Duke, but from what i heard they had a pretty honest convo with him on his visit about early PT likely being hard to come by.

I *thinkl* the longer this drags out the more likely it is he ends up at Duke, but all I know for sure is i got a text during his visit that things looked really good for him to commit at the end of his visit.

That obviously didn't happen so now we wait.

Quote Originally Posted by casualfan View Post
    Couldn't tell ya. We're dealing with teenagers haha.

I know that if this decision was being made in a vacuum he would have already committed to Duke, but from what i heard they had a pretty honest convo with him on his visit about early PT likely being hard to come by.

I *thinkl* the longer this drags out the more likely it is he ends up at Duke, but all I know for sure is i got a text during his visit that things looked really good for him to commit at the end of his visit.

That obviously didn't happen so now we wait.
    I have a sneaky feeling the pull of Duke is going to win out here, but it's definitely true that between the revolving door of lottery picks and K's tight rotations, playing time can be really really tough there.

Currently residing in Section 105, Row J, after 17 years in Section 104, Row I
    Quote Originally Posted by AviatorX View Post
    I have a sneaky feeling the pull of Duke is going to win out here, but it's definitely true that between the revolving door of lottery picks and K's tight rotations, playing time can be really really tough there.
    I expect it to come down to what other players at his position are coming to Duke vs X, and the implications for PT.
    Xavier always goes to the NCAA tournament...Projecting anything less than that this season feels like folly--Eamonn Brennan, ESPN (Summer Shootaround, 2012)

All-Conference

I cannot rationally explain why I'm mildly obsessing about this recruit.
    Because Duke is in the mix. It psychologically says alot more if we can beat out Duke for him.