Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Cole Swider SF

Cole Swider SF

Looks like an epic BE battle looming with this guy:

http://247sports.com/Player/Cole-Swider-93593
    2023 Sweet 16

Would love to get him but I just have a hard time seeing him leave the East Coast
    Balls of Steele!!

Quote Originally Posted by MADXSTER View Post
    Would love to get him but I just have a hard time seeing him leave the East Coast
    What does 24/7 Sports base this on? They have him as 100% to X, which is...... a lot.

"Swider has yet to take an official visit, but has been to all of the schools on his list except for Indiana and Michigan.
    Which schools are recruiting him the hardest?
    “Xavier has probably worked the hardest over time,” Swider said. “Villanova has been picking it up as of late. Providence has been recruiting me hard. All the schools have been recruiting me pretty hard this year, I just got to do what is best for me.”
    Swider said Xavier has been persistent and genuine in their pursuit.
    “They text me and call me every single night,” Swider said. “They call my grandma. They call my grandfather. They make sure they know every single person in my family and everyone who will be involved in my decision. I feel like they care about me as a person so I feel like they have done a good job with that.”
    Like Xavier, Providence has been heavily recruiting Swider for a long time. Because of their location Swider said he’s been by the Friars campus more than any of the other schools on his list.
    “They want me to be the hometown hero,” Swider said. “So obviously, if I stay home it’s going to be Providence so that’s the only school that’s even on my list so that’s the draw there.”

Man, I do love how Mack recruits. Maybe he can have Bill Murray call.

Full article:

http://www.scout.com/college/basketb...s-list-process
    Last edited by bobbiemcgee; 05-25-2017 at 05:11 PM.
    2023 Sweet 16

Had a huge spring. Became a big time priority of Archie over at IU as well. Will be a real battle but X was in early and often as is apparent from his quotes.

Definitely looks like a guy that would score (give or take) 500 career points on X if he went to Nova.

Quote Originally Posted by xu82 View Post
    What does 24/7 Sports base this on? They have him as 100% to X, which is...... a lot.
    That's based on one "expert." 247 crystal ball is fairly garbage. Usually it consists of some "expert" guessing a school and then a bunch of other people guessing the same school thinking the other guy has inside info. I wouldn't think anything of what it says.

Sophomore
    keep an eye on Duke.

I've been told they are sniffing around and that he really like them.

If they don't offer I really like our chances.

He's now 100% to Dook based on "experts", but all three who have made their predictions are writers for the Devil's Den.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    He's now 100% to Dook based on "experts", but all three who have made their predictions are writers for the Devil's Den.
    Of all the crap those sites have put out to try and drive clicks the crystal ball is by a wide margin the worst.

In this case you have a kid Duke hasn't even decided if they want or not yet and people are jumping all over it.

My hope/guess is that they end up passing, but I was told they will bring him in for a visit soon so maybe their interest is legit.

Swider is taking an unofficial visit to Duke this week, but Duke still hasn't offered him. If they do, it seems like they would be the frontrunner. If not, Xavier is still in the lead.