Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bleedXblue View Post

How many scholarship players do we have? I count 11.

Could we add another this summer?
    We currently have 12 players on scholarship:

1 Trevon Bluiett
    2 JP Macura
    3 Sean O'Mara
    4 Kerem Kanter
    5 Kaiser Gates
    6 Tyrique Jones
    7 Quentin Goodin
    8 Elias Harden
    9 Jared Ridder
    10 Naji Marshall
    11Kentrevious Jones
    12 Paul Scruggs

We will likely save that last ship for next year. At this stage of the game, we have enough on our roster for next season. Plus, if someone is looking to transfer, we can take a flyer.
    Last edited by nuts4xu; 05-24-2017 at 08:23 AM.
    "All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz and I'm fine.--Jeff Spicoli"

Quote Originally Posted by drudy23 View Post
    If Tre leads us to a Final Four, he's in the conversation.
    Even if he doesn't, all he has to do is average a little over 15ppg to be the 2nd all time leading scorer in program history. So yeah, I think that qualifies.

All-Conference
    Quote Originally Posted by THRILLHOUSE View Post
    Even if he doesn't, all he has to do is average a little over 15ppg to be the 2nd all time leading scorer in program history. So yeah, I think that qualifies.
    But I don't think he makes the rafters with just being the second leading scorer. Needs something else to go with it (POY or FF).

I think he has a solid case to be in the rafters. On top of being the 2nd leading scorer he should have the most wins as a starter all time, and the most tourney wins all time. You also cant underestimate the fact that he played in the Big East his whole career.

Quote Originally Posted by nuts4xu View Post
    We currently have 12 players on scholarship:

1 Trevon Bluiett
    2 JP Macura
    3 Sean O'Mara
    4 Kerem Kanter
    5 Kaiser Gates
    6 Tyrique Jones
    7 Quentin Goodin
    8 Elias Harden
    9 Jared Ridder
    10 Naji Marshall
    11Kentrevious Jones
    12 Paul Scruggs

We will likely save that last ship for next year. At this stage of the game, we have enough on our roster for next season. Plus, if someone is looking to transfer, we can take a flyer.
    I have no intimate information regarding Big Kent but just reading the tea leaves, and it sounds like the odds of him being a member of this program next year are getting longer and longer.
    White sheets. Yellow tape. Closed case. Zip 'em up.

Quote Originally Posted by bleedXblue View Post
    A few of the frosh developing and helping mid to late year will make for a really promising year.

How many scholarship players do we have? I count 11.

Could we add another this summer?
    12 Scholarship players right now with the extra scholly likely being held out for the 2018 class at this point.

I'm also under the impression that Scruggs will be an immediate contributor, as in our 3rd or 4th leading scorer all season. I'm almost positive he'll start at from day 1.

A starting lineup of Q, Scruggs, JP, Bluiett, and Tyrique has just about everything you'd want in it.

Quote Originally Posted by nuts4xu View Post
    we can take a flyer.
    Ew, no thanks...

Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    Only a few schools can actually call their season a disappointment if they don't make the Final Four. Xavier isn't one of them yet.

It almost takes as much luck as talent to make a Final Four. Xavier has the talent, but the NCAA tournament is a crazy beast.
    This.

I have to note that it would be a deeply satisfying thing for Xavier to make the F4 next year, of all years. At least a couple of us here will be celebrating our 40th Class Reunion next year.

I've shared here before the time when Bob Staak arrived on campus and held something that probably hadn't been done at Xavier for a long time: a pep rally, which was held in the Armory. Ground floor, baby. The only way to look was up, and looking up required a boatload of hope, faith and imagination back then. Among other things, the Cintas Center at that time was a parking lot.

Give me two things to go along with an obvious third thing: no injuries and abundant team chemistry. The third thing is our coaching staff. From there, once we get there, let there be good lucked sprinkled on Xavier on the way to a NC.
    X A V I E R

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by drudy23 View Post
    But I don't think he makes the rafters with just being the second leading scorer. Needs something else to go with it (POY or FF).
    Quote Originally Posted by MuskieXU View Post
    I think he has a solid case to be in the rafters. On top of being the 2nd leading scorer he should have the most wins as a starter all time, and the most tourney wins all time. You also cant underestimate the fact that he played in the Big East his whole career.
    Yeah I think he is pretty much a lock for the rafters barring any unforeseen circumstances. Should be a 3 time All Big East 1st teamer. Will probably end up 2nd on all time scoring. Wonder were he is on some other statistics. He was also unreal on our Elite 8 run last year.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    Yeah I think he is pretty much a lock for the rafters barring any unforeseen circumstances. Should be a 3 time All Big East 1st teamer. Will probably end up 2nd on all time scoring. Wonder were he is on some other statistics. He was also unreal on our Elite 8 run last year.
    Dont think he would be in the Top 10 in Rebounds with 569 currently or assists with 219 currently. He has a chance to break the all time 3PM record of 307, as he has 214 currently and made 91 last year.