Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    My wife and I are already making plans for the BE tournament. :)
    Balls of Steele!!

NBC Sports has Tre 2nd Team AA in their most recent pre-season list:

http://collegebasketball.nbcsports.c...american-team/

Rothstein had Xavier at 13th in his poll and UC at 11th.

I'm excited for next year. But also, bringing in 6 new guys is going to take some adjustment. Team Chemistry is going to be a must. Last year, the rotation quickly shortened and the team kinda rallied around not having Sumner or Myles and that smaller rotation gave them absolute great team chemistry to finish the season.

Next year, were adding in a multitude of different personalities and a lot of highly touted guys. I just hope everyone excepts their role.

I think the bright spot in all this: The Non conference should be fairly easy to get past. Baylor will be down, Utah will be way down, Wisconsin will be mediocre and Northern Iowa (assuming we still play them) will be down as well. So we have chances to get big name wins against high major teams in rebuilding years. Games like that will build chemistry.

Quote Originally Posted by RyanblockXU View Post
    I think the bright spot in all this: The Non conference should be fairly easy to get past. Baylor will be down, Utah will be way down, Wisconsin will be mediocre and Northern Iowa (assuming we still play them) will be down as well. So we have chances to get big name wins against high major teams in rebuilding years. Games like that will build chemistry.
    I think the game we drop to make room for Wisconsin will be the Utah game.
    "All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz and I'm fine.--Jeff Spicoli"

Quote Originally Posted by drudy23 View Post
    If Tre leads us to a Final Four, he's in the conversation.
    I agree, although I think it may be a short conversation.
    RIP Brian Dargin McCormick

Quote Originally Posted by markchal View Post
    While it's definitely a challenge bringing up to speed the 5 who haven't played college ball and working Kanter into the mix, you can't overestimate how important that run in March was for the returning core. The developments and confidence guys like Kaiser, O'Mara, Q and Tyrique gained in the tournament will be giving Tre and JP a much stronger supporting cast. I am so excited to watch these guys play.
    I completely agree with your take here.

Quote Originally Posted by MuskieXU View Post
    Sato had 4 years, 2000 points, Xaviers first Elite 8, and was a better rebounder and a better defender but I dont think he will be there. I think the bar has been raised, and continues to be raised due to Xaviers success.
    You actually make a great point for Sato being in the rafters. Man that kid was good. And so many double-doubles as a shooting guard. Rebounding is a big part of our game and that kid was flat out exceptional. But then again many of the flock have been exceptional. Tu Holloway was such a baller, just a flat out baller. The list goes on. I love all those kids, but you can't put them all up there.

It should be tough to get to the rafters.

Tre isn't a lock to be in the rafters. The rafters means his number is retired and his jersey is risen up for all to see for eternity. Now when it comes to the Xavier Hall of Fame, Tre is now obviously a lock for that. Nobody is going to question that. If he is healthy

If we make the Final Four, you got some automatic rafters.

Quote Originally Posted by Snipe View Post
    You actually make a great point for Sato being in the rafters. Man that kid was good. And so many double-doubles as a shooting guard. Rebounding is a big part of our game and that kid was flat out exceptional. But then again many of the flock have been exceptional. Tu Holloway was such a baller, just a flat out baller. The list goes on. I love all those kids, but you can't put them all up there.

It should be tough to get to the rafters.

Tre isn't a lock to be in the rafters. The rafters means his number is retired and his jersey is risen up for all to see for eternity. Now when it comes to the Xavier Hall of Fame, Tre is now obviously a lock for that. Nobody is going to question that. If he is healthy

If we make the Final Four, you got some automatic rafters.
    Yeah first Final Four in history? It would be absurd for him not to have his jersey retires if he plays a key role in that. Honestly, I think we should just sit back and enjoy the ride, let's see what happens and appreciate the last year we have with Tre, and just embrace his greatness.

All-American. That is all.
    "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

The way he played last night taking over that game is still sending shivers down my spine.

I love winning.