Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

The Season Starts Today! Trevon Is Staying!

Before the clock strikes 12:00, I wanted to get it in under the radar.

The 2017 Xavier Basketball Season Started Today, when Tre took himself out of the NBA draft and declared himself the true candidate for MUSKIE OF THE AGES!

I can't tell you how many times I have flat out giggled since the first texts started pouring in.

Like manna from heaven.

This puts us in a power position for 2017. I need to start examining the schedule.

I want nothing but ridiculous expectations! This is the first moment in the rest of your Muskie lives. Years from now you might look back and say that this day was pivotal in the history of Xavier basketball

Your 2017 Xavier Basketball Season started today! And it is glorious!
    RIP Brian Dargin McCormick

Damn Snipe, you really know how to give a good pep talk bud. This has to be the deepest team ever assembled right??? In terms of the unknown and the known, we have a top 10 class coming in who we don't really even need to rely on much, the possible Big East Player of the Year coming back, multiple guys with the skill set to improve, in a perfect world Q starts finishing more at the rim like he was beginning to come around tournament time, O'Mara plays like the monster he is when he can when he's confident and not tripping over himself, Kaiser finally shows why Mack calls him the best shooter on the team, incredible experience coming off the heels of an Elite 8 run while facing adversity and almost not making the tournament .... Dear god, I'm salivating.

You are correct. It is incredible. But it isn't a pep talk. It isn't hype. It is real!

The season started today. We had plenty of ammo for sure. But getting back a potential 1st Team All American is always a good thing. He will end up in the Xavier Hall of Fame for sure. His number is already going to be retired. That is a given.

The only question left is if Trevon ends up as the Greatest Player to ever don the Blue and White. And that is what we added to our team today. And that is why the season starts today.

I will remember today (or now yesterday) for the rest of my life. It is that big. This is BIG.

God Bless That Young Man.

Big things are coming to a venue near you. Buy your tickets now.
    RIP Brian Dargin McCormick

Final four or bust. I know it's hard to get there but anything less this year will be not necessarily a disappointment but definitely a slight let down. Thanks Trey for giving men in there 30's and 40's something to talk about.
    If I was going to school for school, I wouldn’t have picked the University of Cincinnati. Dontonio Wingfield

Quote Originally Posted by OTRMUSKIE View Post
    Final four or bust. I know it's hard to get there but anything less this year will be not necessarily a disappointment but definitely a slight let down. Thanks Trey for giving men in there 30's and 40's something to talk about.
    Only a few schools can actually call their season a disappointment if they don't make the Final Four. Xavier isn't one of them yet.

It almost takes as much luck as talent to make a Final Four. Xavier has the talent, but the NCAA tournament is a crazy beast.

That look you get when talk of "Muskie of the Ages" is mentioned on the message boards...
    west.jpg

All-Conference
    Quote Originally Posted by GrimeTime View Post
    That look you get when talk of "Muskie of the Ages" is mentioned on the message boards...
    west.jpg
    If Tre leads us to a Final Four, he's in the conversation.

Junior
    D.F.W. and now T.F.B. Man I wish it was Nov.
    Xavier is THE University of Cincinnati

Should be Top 20 preseason and picked to finish 2nd in the BE.

Really solid core of Tre, Goodin, JP, Kaiser and Sean.

Improvement out of Tyrique and immediate contribution from Kanter would be a really solid 7.

A few of the frosh developing and helping mid to late year will make for a really promising year.

How many scholarship players do we have? I count 11.

Could we add another this summer?

Quote Originally Posted by drudy23 View Post
    If Tre leads us to a Final Four, he's in the conversation.
    I totally agree. Tre is going to be right up there with the best of the best. Pretty darn excited for this year already! =)