Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by smileyy View Post
    Somehow Larkin, Hill and Grant got up there. I don't think that bar is quite as high as you're making it out to be. 4 years, 2000 points, an S16 and an E8 is a pretty good resume.
    Sato had 4 years, 2000 points, Xaviers first Elite 8, and was a better rebounder and a better defender but I dont think he will be there. I think the bar has been raised, and continues to be raised due to Xaviers success.

The Season Starts Today!

Who is that these days? Jason Love? Dante Jackson?

Edit: Plz forgive me
    Love. Jackson almost caught up to him, but that 2011 team lost in the first round of the conference tournament and NCAA tournament.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by nuts4xu View Post
    This has been the consensus for many months, you are correct and accurate. No argument here.

Until I hear otherwise, I will consider him a member of this recruiting class. He would be a nice player to develop in our program.
    I hope Kent makes it. Just based on his tweets he seems super eager to come to X.

Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by XUFan09 View Post
    Love. Jackson almost caught up to him, but that 2011 team lost in the first round of the conference tournament and NCAA tournament.
    I'm guessing this is based on team wins, not games played, right?

Quote Originally Posted by XUFan09 View Post

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    I dont have the number for wins as a starter or contributor, but barring injury or suspension TB should shatter it. He has 72 wins as a starter (has started in all but 3 wins in his career). As for total wins while on the team, Love is in the lead with 108. TB would need 33 to tie that, which probably wont happen.
    Last edited by MuskieXU; 05-24-2017 at 12:48 PM.

Junior
    I forgot how successful that '07-'10 run of wins was. Playing in the A-10 sure helped with that.

Over the last 3 years, X has won 24, 28 and 23 games, giving Tre 75 team wins. If anyone is going to take a run at Love, it'd be Gates with 52 through his first two seasons.
    Last edited by smileyy; 05-24-2017 at 01:06 PM.

I forgot how successful that '07-'10 run of wins was. Playing in the A-10 sure helped with that.

Over the last 3 years, X has won 24, 28 and 23 games, giving Tre 75 team wins. If anyone is going to take a run at Love, it'd be Gates with 52 through his first two seasons.
    By my math, 75+40=115. :D

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MuskieXU View Post
    Sato had 4 years, 2000 points, Xaviers first Elite 8, and was a better rebounder and a better defender but I dont think he will be there. I think the bar has been raised, and continues to be raised due to Xaviers success.
    Sato was really good and he would be, imo, the next guy considered, but he is hurt by the fact that he was never the go to guy on his team. Not any fault of his own but it was West for 3 years then Chalmers going nuts for half a year the next.

Again smileyy brought it up earlier too, the level of competition current X players are facing too is way up.

3 time all 1st team BE and 2nd all time scorer in school history would cement it for me. But we shall see.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    Sato was really good and he would be, imo, the next guy considered, but he is hurt by the fact that he was never the go to guy on his team. Not any fault of his own but it was West for 3 years then Chalmers going nuts for half a year the next.

Again smileyy brought it up earlier too, the level of competition current X players are facing too is way up.

3 time all 1st team BE and 2nd all time scorer in school history would cement it for me. But we shall see.
    Exactly, also having the most NCAA tournament wins in school history will go a long way in making trevon's case.

Quote Originally Posted by Snipe View Post
    Before the clock strikes 12:00, I wanted to get it in under the radar.

The 2017 Xavier Basketball Season Started Today, when Tre took himself out of the NBA draft and declared himself the true candidate for MUSKIE OF THE AGES!

I can't tell you how many times I have flat out giggled since the first texts started pouring in.

Like manna from heaven.

This puts us in a power position for 2017. I need to start examining the schedule.

I want nothing but ridiculous expectations! This is the first moment in the rest of your Muskie lives. Years from now you might look back and say that this day was pivotal in the history of Xavier basketball

Your 2017 Xavier Basketball Season started today! And it is glorious!
    Brother, line up your tavern roster now, cause Nut's Daddy will have his ass in town next year......A LOT!!!
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell