Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

MSG changes for Big 10 tournament?

The Enquirer just published this: AAC basketball championship moves to CBS in 2018

Because in 2018, the Big 10 is moving up their tournament by one week to play in Madison Square Gardens, the AAC championship is taking the CBS timeslot that the Big 10 previously held in the hours leading up to Selection Sunday.

What's interesting is, if I'm reading this correctly, they frame it like that change is only for this year. The Big 10 would move back to the timeslot before Selection Sunday in 2019.

So is something happening with regards to the Big 10/Big East in Madison Square Garden for the 2019 tournaments?

Not that I have heard.
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

So will the Big 10 just be at MSG for the one year?

Quote Originally Posted by sirthought View Post
    The Enquirer just published this: AAC basketball championship moves to CBS in 2018

Because in 2018, the Big 10 is moving up their tournament by one week to play in Madison Square Gardens, the AAC championship is taking the CBS timeslot that the Big 10 previously held in the hours leading up to Selection Sunday.

What's interesting is, if I'm reading this correctly, they frame it like that change is only for this year. The Big 10 would move back to the timeslot before Selection Sunday in 2019.

So is something happening with regards to the Big 10/Big East in Madison Square Garden for the 2019 tournaments?
    I think the B1G at MSG is a 1 year thing. They'll rotate between Chicago and Indy for 4 years starting in 2019 so they'll go back to the timeslot right before the selection show.
    "This [basketball] is the second most exciting indoor sport, and the other one shouldn't have spectators." - Dick Vertleib

Quote Originally Posted by sgarcia View Post
    I think the B1G at MSG is a 1 year thing. They'll rotate between Chicago and Indy for 4 years starting in 2019 so they'll go back to the timeslot right before the selection show.
    Ah, well that explains it. I figured if they are trying to get into Madison Square Gardens now, why would they leave for elsewhere so soon.

Thanks

Good deal for the AAC. I'm sure they'll love having that CBS audience.

Good deal for the AAC. I'm sure they'll love having that CBS audience.
    I'm pretty sure ESPN still owns the rights to the game. They just sold it to CBS for one year. That's what happened with the A10 in the years it was on CBS. It's a good deal in the sense that it's on CBS, but as far as getting more money for the league they really don't.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

The exposure is worth more than the money. Granted, in 2018 I'm not sure CBS provides a whole lot more exposure than ESPN.

Ah, well that explains it. I figured if they are trying to get into Madison Square Gardens now, why would they leave for elsewhere so soon.

Thanks
    The Big10 seems intent on making their conference tournament a traveling sideshow even though the Indy-Chicago rotation is so perfect. Attendance this past year in DC was hilarious.

Yeah, I'd just leave it in Indy. It's a fine city for visiting just long enough for a tournament. (Yeah, not NYC, but it's still fine for hitting some bars and restaurants.) OR I'd go for MSG and leave it a week earlier. They aren't really losing anything by moving the schedule up.