Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by AviatorX View Post
    The Big10 seems intent on making their conference tournament a traveling sideshow even though the Indy-Chicago rotation is so perfect. Attendance this past year in DC was hilarious.
    They claim they're trying to have the tournament in all of the regions of the conference. DC was to placate Maryland fans, and NYC for Rutgers/Penn St I guess?
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Muskie View Post
    They claim they're trying to have the tournament in all of the regions of the conference. DC was to placate Maryland fans, and NYC for Rutgers/Penn St I guess?
    I guess it's all relative, but State College, PA to NYC is like driving from Pittsburgh to Cincinnati, but with more traffic involved as you close in on the city.
    X A V I E R

Quote Originally Posted by xudash View Post
    I guess it's all relative, but State College, PA to NYC is like driving from Pittsburgh to Cincinnati, but with more traffic involved as you close in on the city.
    But much farther from State College to Indianapolis year after year.
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

When I think of the Big Ten and when I think of NYC, the things that I think about are not at all the same. If NYC was hosting first/second round games in the NCAA Tournament, nearly all of the Big Ten would be hoping to be at a closer location. But....whatever.
    Last edited by xubrew; 05-23-2017 at 03:21 PM.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

Quote Originally Posted by xudash View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Muskie View Post
    But much farther from State College to Indianapolis year after year.
    It's very seldom that Penn State is good enough at basketball to make fans want to drive any distance to see them.

Quote Originally Posted by xubrew View Post
    It's very seldom that Penn State is good enough at basketball to make fans want to drive any distance to see them.
    Even to the extent they did have fans, more of them would probably be coming from Philly and Pitt than would be coming from State College anyway. So NYC and Indy provide pretty good alternatives for both Penn State basketball fans.

Quote Originally Posted by xubrew View Post
    Agree..

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

I remember seemingly way back when Penn State had that one year where people cared about basketball. Most of the games were sold out or close to it. After they made the Sweet Sixteen (which just saying that sounds crazy), they rioted as if they'd just made the Final Four.

http://old.post-gazette.com/regionst...010329psu7.asp

After that it was all back to normal. Most Penn State fans returned to being vaguely aware, but yet pretty sure, that they even had a basketball team.