Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Not sure why everyone is so upset over 2 road games in a row. Doesn't strike me as some huge deal. X will probably have 2 home games in a row at some point.

As far as MSU, the Champions Classic makes it difficult to participate in Gavitt.
    Last edited by AviatorX; 05-21-2017 at 10:34 PM.

Gavitt Tipoff Games

Quote Originally Posted by AviatorX View Post
    Not sure why everyone is so upset over 2 road games in a row. Doesn't strike me as some huge deal. X will probably have 2 home games in a row at some point.

As far as MSU, the Champions Classic can make it difficult to participate in Gavitt.
    It's the off-season. We need something to complain about!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

Quote Originally Posted by Snipe View Post
    Looks like we play Wisconsin, and it is a Thursday night so little chance I can get Khans to organize a bus trip to Madison.

Two Gavitt Tipoff games on the road in a row. At Michigan and at Wisconsin.

We haven't had a home game yet, and boy am I looking forward to seeing Penn State come in. You can only imagine it won't be Archie or Thad Matta coming down. You know they have veto power. Seton Hall gets Indiana and Louisville on the home schedule? Man would those tickets be hot here. Incredible.

My son said Michigan State has not been scheduled for a Gavitt game yet. If that is true I am beginning to worry about the terms of the contract.

And just watch next year could be another bye, we are going to have to wait until we get Penn State and Nebraska at home.

Fred Garvin is going to drive me to Madison is Trevon Bluiett stays. I would like to arrange a sit down with the young man to discuss his future. Trevon, have your people contact my people. And did I mention I am a life coach? I have all sorts of wisdom, and it has been extensively documented.
    Snipe, my standards are a bit higher...I'm looking forward to playing Rutgers.

We get Wisconsin?? Great news, at least we get a game this year. So what if it's on the road, just means we will get a home game next time. Chance to get a road win on the resume against a P5 school? I'm all for it. I hope we beat the living hell out of them.

Quote Originally Posted by GIMMFD View Post
    We get Wisconsin?? Great news, at least we get a game this year. So what if it's on the road, just means we will get a home game next time. Chance to get a road win on the resume against a P5 school? I'm all for it. I hope we beat the living hell out of them.
    We should. They aren't going to be that great this year.

Here is the entire schedule:

• Nov. 13th: Minnesota at Providence
    • Nov. 14th: Purdue at Marquette
    • Nov. 15th: Butler at Maryland; Creighton at Northwestern; Indiana at Seton Hall
    • Nov. 16th: Xavier at Wisconsin, Nebraska at St. John’s
    • Nov. 17th: DePaul at Illinois
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

I think Wisconsin will be a challenge from here on out any season. They have a strong brand now that recruits are buying into. I wish it was at home, just so the local fans can see a strong matchup.

Given the way B1G has worked with Xavier so far, our home matchups will be someone like Penn State or Rutgers. I'm still happy to be in a series with B1G, as it means continued media focus on the program in several strong markets. Great for recruiting, PR, yadda yadda.

Quote Originally Posted by Muskie View Post
    Here is the entire schedule:

• Nov. 13th: Minnesota at Providence
    • Nov. 14th: Purdue at Marquette
    • Nov. 15th: Butler at Maryland; Creighton at Northwestern; Indiana at Seton Hall
    • Nov. 16th: Xavier at Wisconsin, Nebraska at St. John’s
    • Nov. 17th: DePaul at Illinois
    what a fu&*^ing joke. No OSU, MSU or Michigan? Why aren't we lining up their best schools to play our best schools? Makes no sense to me

Michigan played the previous two years and Ohio State sucks.

I'm not sure what everyone was expecting from this arrangement. There are significantly more Big10 teams, the Big10 plays in a much more prominent event that is basically the same idea and in the same general window of time, and MSU plays in the Champions Classic every year. It's hard to imagine the stars aligning for 5 great matchups to happen in the same year or all the top teams participating. These all seem like pretty good games to me when you consider most schools' approach to non-conference scheduling.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by bleedXblue View Post
    what a fu&*^ing joke. No OSU, MSU or Michigan? Why aren't we lining up their best schools to play our best schools? Makes no sense to me
    Why would we have anything to do with what schools their league places in the event?