Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    Which I think is refreshing but apparently some see as a negative. I dont get it. I get why some people look down on what Durant did but cant see why anyone would look poorly upon D-West for going to GSW.
    To me they're both fine -- these guys can make their own decisions with their careers. Being young and rich in the Bay Area is probably pretty cool if I had to guess. I'd take that over the same in Oklahoma City. The Durant brand sure isn't suffering since his move.

West obviously places huge personal value on winning a title, which makes sense too. He also has talked about how cool it was to play with Tim Duncan for a year. There's more to these guys having a fulfilling career than completing the fan-developed narrative of bringing a specific city a title, etc.
    Last edited by AviatorX; 06-01-2017 at 08:38 PM.

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AviatorX View Post
    To me they're both fine -- these guys can make their own decisions with their careers. Being young and rich in the Bay Area is probably pretty cool if I had to guess. I'd take that over the same in Oklahoma City. The Durant brand sure isn't suffering since his move.

West obviously places huge personal value on winning a title, which makes sense too. He also has talked about how cool it was to play with Tim Duncan for a year. There's more to these guys having a fulfilling career than completing the fan-developed narrative of bringing a specific city a title, etc.
    I agree. I am fine with both as well.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

I sure wish I could take an 85% pay cut and ONLY make a million or two! I'm happy he can do it and hope he gets his ring. Some guys are so stupid with their money, they still need to max out at this point. THAT is sad....