Currently residing in Section 105, Row J, after 17 years in Section 104, Row I

Some Naji love from ESPN

Interesting paragraph from ESPN's Insider this morning. Here it is:

"Sleeper to watch: Naji Marshall, Xavier. Looking at the players ranked 51-100, Marshall might end up being the one with the best college career. His versatility really stands out. Marshall is 6-foot-6 and 200-plus pounds, but he’s aggressive with the ball in his hands and is at his best when driving to the rim and making plays for himself and teammates. He is difficult to stop in one-on-one situations, and his passing and ballhandling ability make for a really tough matchup. Marshall’s jumper isn’t consistent, but his playmaking ability will be fun to watch at Xavier."

Next year's team will be a joy to watch develop.
    Xavier always goes to the NCAA tournament...Projecting anything less than that this season feels like folly--Eamonn Brennan, ESPN (Summer Shootaround, 2012)

I'm really looking forward to seeing him play. Scruggs has gotten a lot of publicity among fans as being Xavier's highest rated recruit of all time (depending on who you're asking) which has caused Marshall to go under the radar a little bit as a top 5 recruit at Xavier since 2002. He went from unranked at the start of last summer to 51st in his class in June and ended all the way at #37. This speaks a lot towards Xavier identifying him before he blew up and sealing the deal. I also think he fits the system perfectly, atheletic long and a great passer. As you said, next years team will be a joy to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by MuskieXU View Post
    I'm really looking forward to seeing him play. Scruggs has gotten a lot of publicity among fans as being Xavier's highest rated recruit of all time (depending on who you're asking) which has caused Marshall to go under the radar a little bit as a top 5 recruit at Xavier since 2002. He went from unranked at the start of last summer to 51st in his class in June and ended all the way at #37. This speaks a lot towards Xavier identifying him before he blew up and sealing the deal. I also think he fits the system perfectly, atheletic long and a great passer. As you said, next years team will be a joy to watch.
    He was unranked at the start of last summer? Holy crap, that has to be the biggest leap in rankings I've ever seen. Excited our staff is good at spotting talent, and being able to get in early with guys like this. We have two absolute studs coming in, and the future looks pretty damn bright. I really can't' wait for next season to start, ugh!!! HURRY UP NOVEMBER

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by GIMMFD View Post
    He was unranked at the start of last summer? Holy crap, that has to be the biggest leap in rankings I've ever seen. Excited our staff is good at spotting talent, and being able to get in early with guys like this. We have two absolute studs coming in, and the future looks pretty damn bright. I really can't' wait for next season to start, ugh!!! HURRY UP NOVEMBER
    Yeah, he was outside of the top 100 on Scout then went nuts.