Proposed Rule Changes for 2017-2018 Season

Link

The proposals the committee announced Friday were more modest and included, increasing the size of the coach’s box from 28 to 38 feet; expanding the use of replay in the last two minutes to aid officials with some block-charge calls near the baskets and tweaking how the shot clock is reset.
    The committee also proposed making throw-in spots in the front court more consistent, a mandatory minimum of 0.3 seconds be taken off the clock when the ball is legally touched and redefining a legal screen.
    The committee also proposed allowing the Southeastern Conference to use a centralized replay system that would give on-court officials some help reviewing calls by officials not at game sites.
    The NCAA Playing Rules Oversight Panel will consider the proposals in June.

Coaches Box: Why? They don't call technical fouls when coaches meander halfway across the court to argue fouls (I'm looking at you Creighton).

Replay: I hate the idea of more replay. It kills the flow of the game and often results in extra time outs. If I remember right Arizona got a free time out in the Elite 8.

"He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

I'm all for using the replay to determine who last touched the ball. This is not a subjective call - it's either our ball or their ball - and using replay to get that right makes sense.

As for reviewing fouls called... nothing good can come from that. That's a part of the game, from my perspective.

I have more of a problem in the last two minutes when referees "don't want to impact the game" rather than calling the same way they have called the previous 38 minutes. (thus, impacting the game in a big way)

Currently the coaches box goes from the end line to roughly the edge of the scorer's table.
    If you add 10 feet to each box, the coach will be roaming up and down in front of that table, obstructing their view.
    It would leave (I think) about 18" of neutral space.

Maybe I've got this all wrong.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.