Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by Muskie View Post
    I didnt' realize he was that "small". I've never looked at his height. I don't care what his official height is, he plays bigger.
    Seton Hall lists him at 6 '10, but we all know how that works.

The draft sites have him smaller.

NBADraft.net lists him at 6 '9:

http://www.nbadraft.net/players/angel-delgado

And draftexpress lists him at 6 '8:

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/...Delgado-71772/

A guy like Delgado really highlights the difference between the college and the nba game. To be a big in the NBA you have to be either...

highly skilled: Gasol, Horford, Gortat, Jokic

or

an athletic freak: Gobert, McGee, Whiteside, Deandre Jordan

Those are obviously extremely simple buckets to throw guys into, but the point with regards to delgado is that I don't think he fits in either bucket. He's really good around the rim, but he doesn't really have a faceup game to speak of and while he is extremely physical he's definitely a "below the rim" type guy.

I've always felt the best way to determine whether a guy has an NBA game is to ask yourself who in the NBA currently resembles that player. Off the top of my head I just can't really think of any guys in the league that have his type of game.

He reminds me of Tyrone Hill. But I don't know if Tyrone Hill would have a place in today's NBA.
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

javale mcgee?

Danny Fortson?

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by sirthought View Post
    javale mcgee?
    McGee has 3-4 inches and 30 pounds on Delgado. He is legitimately 7 foot 270 whereas Delgado is maybe 6 '9 240.

Not to mention the fact that he is an absolute FREAK athlete for a guy that size.

It's like when you get to high school and you find out that the biggest baddest kid on your grade school team is just slightly bigger than average and really not that good. Delgado is the big bad guy on your grade school team and the NBA is high school.

And if Danny Fortson is still in the league that is news to me. I haven't heard that name in a LONG time.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by Muskie View Post
    He reminds me of Tyrone Hill. But I don't know if Tyrone Hill would have a place in today's NBA.
    I doubt it. He didn't take a single 3 in his 14 year NBA career. I bet you's be hard-pressed to find more than a handful of guys shorter than 6 '10 that didn't take a three this year in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by casualfan View Post
    To be a big in the NBA you have to be either...

highly skilled: Gasol, Horford, Gortat, Jokic

or

an athletic freak: Gobert, McGee, Whiteside, Deandre Jordan
    or big.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by casualfan View Post
    I doubt it. He didn't take a single 3 in his 14 year NBA career. I bet you's be hard-pressed to find more than a handful of guys shorter than 6 '10 that didn't take a three this year in the league.
    I haven't checked the stats but i am guessing that Hill would be there now because of his rebounding skills. He had the biggest hands i have ever seen.