Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by xubrew View Post
    With the exception of the championship game, the overall Big Ten Tournament ratings will likely be a lot higher because it will be the only power conference tournament going on. And, the games in December should do really well since there typically aren't as many high stakes games, much less high stakes conference games, being played at that time.

I kinda like the idea of being done early and then just being able to sit back and watch/scout everyone else. The long layoffs don't really seem to play a role one way or another. The Missouri Valley, Colonial (back when it was a multi-bid league), and to an extent the West Coast conference finish earlier, and I never really thought of it as being a factor one way or another. Although there were a couple of years where Gonzaga opted to play one of their exhibition games after the conference tournament, which I thought was a unique idea. Everyone else typically plays them before their first regular season game.

All and all, I think there's more pros than cons for hte Big Ten playing it early, but in the grand scheme of things I don't think it makes a whole lot of difference either way.
    Totally agree with the logic in your post...but then you remember this is the same conference that quite possible has the two most obvious locations of any for a league tournament that have been consistently successful (Indy and Chicago) and they decided to play their tournament in DC for a year...

Sounds like the B1G will be preempting my Wofford conference tournament games.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by xudash View Post
    Agreed.

I think THE BIG EAST TOURNAMENT is its own thing in NYC as far as fans there are concerned.

First Round Iowa v. Nebraska for the B1G Tournament the week before the BET, with that having an impact on attendance at our tournament? I don't sense that as being an issue; I don't sense that the B1G in NYC is going to drain energy from our gig.

Of course, that's only my read on it.
    Easy, Dash. Brew's head will explode next season when Tim Miles is coaching to keep his head coaching gig at Nebraska.