Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Can't be power playing championship football at home sites and championship hoops with no attendance...no matter how good a PowerPoint

Sophomore
    I hate stuff like this:

"Encourage Student Athlete Advisory Committee representatives to develop and present ideas for Conference-wide initiatives that address the particular desires, concerns, and needs of their student-athlete peers."
    That's literally what SAAC's are. So a goal of the conference is to define SAAC's to their SAAC's?

Quote Originally Posted by powerofX View Post
    Can't be power playing championship football at home sites and championship hoops with no attendance...no matter how good a PowerPoint
    The Pac-12 plays their championship football game at home sites. All the power conferences do pretty well filling up the conference tournaments, though (other than the SEC when Kentucky loses early).

Ah, I see that the Pac-12 actually started playing the championship game at the 49ers new stadium a few years ago.

But I DO think playing it at one of the participants' homes beats the hell out of this (though the ACC has cleaned it up a bit of late...mostly because the right teams have been in it):

Last edited by GoMuskies; 05-02-2017 at 04:06 PM.

I really don't give a shit.

I can't knock a league for collectively wanting to make itself better, but there doesn't seem to be much in the way of a specific action plan on how to do that. Just a bunch of generic goals. But...whatever.

I do think that the addition of Wichita State does make the league better, but it's not going to be in the same category as the Power 5 unless it earns autonomy, which it probably won't.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

The AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAC is kidding itself. In 2016, the league went 6-12 vs Power 5 schools with wins over a rogues gallery of schools like Kansas, NC State, Syracuse and Virginia. The only decent team that an AAAAAAAAAAAAC school beat was Oklahoma. Worse yet, In 2014-15, Houston gave $26 million to its athletic department, the seventh-highest subsidy in the nation, according to USA Today's most recent athletic revenue database. Subsidies accounted for 58 percent of Houston's athletic revenue; subsidies for public Big 12 schools ranged from zero to eight percent.

They have a lousy TV deal and draw nobody. Good luck making the money add up.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell