Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

The AAAAAAAC and Advanced Marketing (or Self-Kidding)

X A V I E R

I'm already getting annoyed with some of the dumber Wichita people spouting this line. They hate Creighton so much and think this somehow gives them a leg up on the Blue Jays. Having a far superior basketball coach and actually winning some games in March gives them a leg up on Creighton. This? No.

Until the AAC or the Big East has the power to create their own legislation without the approval of the rest of the NCAA, they will not be a Power Five (or P6, or P7) conference.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

Quote Originally Posted by xubrew View Post
    Until the AAC or the Big East has the power to create their own legislation without the approval of the rest of the NCAA, they will not be a Power Five (or P6, or P7) conference.
    The difference is that we (Big East) understand that we'll never be in a position with such power.
    X A V I E R

Currently residing in Section 105, Row J, after 17 years in Section 104, Row I
    Quote Originally Posted by xudash View Post
    Hilarious and very sad at the same time. If it was as simple as a league decision to become a "power conference", every league with football would be one.....you know, they would all be part of the Power100 conference group.
    Xavier always goes to the NCAA tournament...Projecting anything less than that this season feels like folly--Eamonn Brennan, ESPN (Summer Shootaround, 2012)

Hilarious. Basing your case that you are a Power Conference on that you had players Drafted by the NFL.

As the Cleveland Browns have shown for years, just because a guy is Drafted, doesn't mean that he's any good.

The AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAC still stinks.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    So does this mean #AmericanRising is dead?

Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    Hilarious. Basing your case that you are a Power Conference on that you had players Drafted by the NFL.

As the Cleveland Browns have shown for years, just because a guy is Drafted, doesn't mean that he's any good.

The AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAC still stinks.
    And the AAC is skewing the statistics and their fans are buying into because they're all idiots. The AAC has 12 football members. The Big 12 only has 10. The AAC averaged 1.25 draft picks per school and the Big 12 averaged 1.4 per school. The AAC had one god damn pick more than the Big 12 with two more schools. But sure, they should definitely go all in on this power 6 bullshit.

UC fans are and will always be morons.

So the american has now risen? #AmericanResurrected

Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    And the AAC is skewing the statistics and their fans are buying into because they're all idiots. The AAC has 12 football members. The Big 12 only has 10. The AAC averaged 1.25 draft picks per school and the Big 12 averaged 1.4 per school. The AAC had one god damn pick more than the Big 12 with two more schools. But sure, they should definitely go all in on this power 6 bullshit.

UC fans are and will always be morons
    Take it back!

Nevermind the conference picks, I find it more interesting the Power 5 schools with no draft picks. A school like Kentucky isn't all that surprising, but I am shocked Oregon had nobody drafted.