Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Didn't his choice get made for him because of grades?

Sophomore
    I haven't heard anything to suggest that was a determining factor.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mistabeecee41 View Post
    I agree boeheim is an ass but not for this. All he did was tell the truth..and while it may be harsh, it's the absolute truth. We need a lot more of harsh truth and less coddling in this world.

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    I agree boeheim is an ass but not for this. All he did was tell the truth..and while it may be harsh, it's the absolute truth. We need a lot more of harsh truth and less coddling in this world.
    he lost the first 5 star recruit he's gotten in years and shit all over an 18 year old kid because he's bitter, not because he's trying to give him tough love.

he lost the first 5 star recruit he's gotten in years and shit all over an 18 year old kid because he's bitter, not because he's trying to give him tough love.
    How did he “shit all over” him? And at 18 he is old enough to fight in wars, vote, drive, marry, and just about anything else (short of drink and smoke legally) any adult can do. If he is old enough to do those things, he’s old enough to admit his mistakes. Which...when he was asked....is what Beohm says he should do. I agree. Beohm didn’t attack him. He didn’t call him any names...like stupid, lazy, greedy, etc. He said that Beasley made a mistake and is not physically ready to play in the G-league. Don’t let your own bias against him keep you from seeing the wisdom he expoused.

There are a lot of 18 year olds that aren’t physically ready to compete at the higher levels of sport, but don’t realize it until they try. Sometimes they give up other options that they are better suited for, in order to take the chance that they can compete at those higher levels. When they leave themselves no other option, and find they can’t complete, they have made a mistake in judgement. Boehm called it like it is in his estimation. Let’s see if Beasley is mature enough to admit it and move forward.

Supporting Member
    How did he shit all over him? All he did was Express his opinion in relation to his development as a basketball player, which by everything that has been said by multiple outlets is the absolute truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    How did he shit all over him? All he did was Express his opinion in relation to his development as a basketball player, which by everything that has been said by multiple outlets is the absolute truth.
    The idea is that other 5* recruits might see this and not want to play for him. I guess when you are on the clock and just have a few years left you can say what you want.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ArizonaXUGrad View Post
    The idea is that other 5* recruits might see this and not want to play for him. I guess when you are on the clock and just have a few years left you can say what you want.
    This may well be true, but That's a completely different argument.

I have no issues with the way the coach stated it, nor what he said.

And I think high schoolers too will respect that this coach will be straight with his opinions when asked.