Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Darius Bazely --- are we mentioned as the (or a) favorite to get him as part of our class of 2018? I see where he visited Syracuse a couple of days ago and was being courted by Purdue, Florida, UC and us. Or is he just going to start this process all over from scratch and open it up completely?

Quote Originally Posted by muskienick View Post
    Darius Bazely --- are we mentioned as the (or a) favorite to get him as part of our class of 2018? I see where he visited Syracuse a couple of days ago and was being courted by Purdue, Florida, UC and us. Or is he just going to start this process all over from scratch and open it up completely?
    Xavier, Indiana, Louisville and Syracuse. UC has no shot/isn't even recruiting him.

If UK ends up wanting him they'll get him.

Committed to Syracuse today
    Mama always told me, stupid is as stupid does. @danagardens

I'm ready for some GOOD news!

I get the appeal of many of the schools we compete against. Syracuse is not one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by xu82 View Post
    I'm ready for some GOOD news!

I get the appeal of many of the schools we compete against. Syracuse is not one of them.
    Who doesn't want to play in a football stadium?

Wow. That one is surprising. Thought he would stay closer to home with 3 really good local options. Also surprised he didn't play out July after taking himself off the market so early the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by AviatorX View Post
    Wow. That one is surprising. Thought he would stay closer to home with 3 really good local options. Also surprised he didn't play out July after taking himself off the market so early the first time.
    Also, Syracuse isn't a team like they used to be. He won't be so assured of an NCAA tourney berth with them being on the way down.

Losing out on Swider and Bazely kinda hurts. Thought we were in good with both of these kids. Need some recruiting momentum. Lots of kids committing thsi summer.

If we lose out on trevion Williams, It will be 3 strike outs in a role. Those shitty crystal balls on 247 are predicting Purdue. He looks like the second coming of Caleb swanigan. But I hope we get him.

However the bigs situation doesn’t concern me as much. Mack has shown a knack for snagging good pf/c transfers and making them successful.

Part of the bad thing about recruiting mostly top 75 kids is that your competing with the best. And you will strike out a lot more. If x strikes out on their top 6 targets , do they hurry up and try to get in with some 3 star guy or back end 4 stars. Or try to fill needs with transfers so you don’t end up with guys you don’t want on 4 years scholarships.

I wonder if kids aren’t committing this class because they aren’t sure how long Mack will be at Xavier. His name was al over th sports site as a candidate for a few jobs. Even if his intent to stay, kids could still be unsure

Quote Originally Posted by RyanblockXU View Post
    If we lose out on trevion Williams, It will be 3 strike outs in a role. Those shitty crystal balls on 247 are predicting Purdue. He looks like the second coming of Caleb swanigan. But I hope we get him.

However the bigs situation doesn’t concern me as much. Mack has shown a knack for snagging good pf/c transfers and making them successful.

Part of the bad thing about recruiting mostly top 75 kids is that your competing with the best. And you will strike out a lot more. If x strikes out on their top 6 targets , do they hurry up and try to get in with some 3 star guy or back end 4 stars. Or try to fill needs with transfers so you don’t end up with guys you don’t want on 4 years scholarships.

I wonder if kids aren’t committing this class because they aren’t sure how long Mack will be at Xavier. His name was al over th sports site as a candidate for a few jobs. Even if his intent to stay, kids could still be unsure
    No. Coaches at top programs get offered jobs all of the time. Some like Boeheim could retire at any time.